Skip to main content

Checking In

Wow. What a weekend!!

Pal's party went off without a hitch...we had enough food (yay!!) but not too much...well, unless you count the lettuce and pasta salad. THAT we had WAY too much of.



Hey...anyone want some lettuce? Pasta salad? ;)

We woke up bright and early the next morning (like, 6 am early) and headed out to Dubya's baseball tournament and I think when we got home at 7 pm, we were ALL ready for bed!!

Then we greeted Monday with a start of bang to summer activities! Tennis for the girls, baseball for the boys and Little League for the boys on alternating nights...WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF?????



Because they love it.

To top it off, Pal has his baseball games (he's in two different summer leagues...can you say "love baseball much?!") on the same nights as Hambone AND he started an umping job.

Speaking of umping...did you know that they only sell umpire pants by the waist size? They leave the length unhemmed and at a length that is appropriate for, oh I dunno, Andre the Giant?! For real. I held those pants up with the end of the pant legs on the floor and the waist was at EYE LEVEL for me!!!

I mean. C'MON. I get that everyone has different inseams but do they have to be THAT long?

Thankfully I have a good friend that will rescue me from these sewing requirements!! (Thank you, Dawn!)

In other news: The Remodel Project...I finally took before pictures!!! I'm so glad I remembered...I kept wanting to wait until the house was perfectly clean to take them and then I realized if I didn't just take them when I remembered, we'd probably be 1/2 through the project before I got them!

So, when I reveal them, you'll have to excuse the mess...deal?

Also...I had a dream about the flooring...it was dark. It made me noivous. Oh well...no turning back now! (Well, technically we can. We haven't purchased it yet...we'll be picking it up in a couple of weeks, though!) 

We had the opportunity to go look at granite and for once in my life, I wasn't drawn to the crazy expensive stuff!!! I knew I wanted a light color and something that didn't look like head cheese (have you ever noticed how some granite looks like head cheese?) and everything I liked ended up being the less expensive granite!!

Yay for simplicity!

Okay, the contractor is coming over soon to double check on our wall removal...wants to make sure we're not going to remove any important walls before we start! Yikes. 

Adios!



Comments

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte