Skip to main content

So, you wanna see the bathroom remodel?

Well, okay then!

The week before Christmas, the hubster and I were fervently finishing up last minute details on the bathroom. Here's something you prolly don't know about me...when I'm on a roll with something, I don't wanna stop. Like, ever.

So, many nights, around 1:30 am, my husband would look at me with glossed over eyes and plead, "Can I please go to bed now?" and I, like a wound up puppy dog, would run circles around him, "But can't we finish the toilet? Can't we put up the lights? Can we install the doors? What about the mirror? Please???? Just the mirror????" and he'd yawn, rub his eyes and crawl into bed, while I stood there admiring the progress and just wanting to finish it all in one night.

Anyway, got it done, we did! And I am absolutely, positively, in love with it. So far, the only thing "different" I would do, is to add some more outlets. Outlets in a bathroom? I know, but there've been a few times when I've been all "I really wish there was an outlet there so I could (insert totally unnecessary task here)."

Now, let me show you around:




Some of my favorites in still photo form:

This light fixture...totally up my alley, a little industrial, not at all frou and frou and not a "boob light". What's a "boob light" you say? Well, you know those flush to the ceiling dome light fixtures with a "knob" in the center that looks like nipple if you look at it from below? Yeah, I've always thought they look like boobs and from here on out, I'll never be able to own one. Here is a visual of a boob light. You're welcome.


Hard to get a good photo of the fixture, though...too hard to see with it on, not enough light with it off...

Next up, our "mosaic"...I love this trim. The color, the little bit of "pizazz" that it adds. Nice, warm neutral tones but spices it up enough that it's not ho-hum.



The floor pattern...sorry, my 50mm lens wouldn't let me get a bigger part of the floor to show you! I'll try to swap this photo out for a better one later today. Anyway, we did a "hopscotch" pattern on the floor and I am over the moon happy with how it turned out. Breaks it up enough to make it look just a little different without being "busy"...and this is a small bathroom.



Another horrible photo, but our new vanity. Again, neutral, warm but has just a hint of sparkle to it to jazz it up!



I'll try and do some before and after pics soon...it is really quite the transformation when you see it side by side! 

Comments

  1. I now feel the urge to piddle...

    Beautiful bathroom!

    Love,
    Kate

    PS: love love love your accent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new bathroom. Makes me want to redo ours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you to have your new bathroom finished! It is really nice!!! I know how it is to be anxious for things to get done...and I am always begging my hubby to finish projects...but he always has his "reasons" why we can't hurry the process! Ha!

    Anyway...ENJOY the bathroom...it is awesome!

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tour! I think your bathroom looks great! I do love the color of the tiles. It gives the bathroom a touch of class and elegance. And the choice of the tiles and the countertop give the bathroom a much-needed texture.

    ReplyDelete

  6. IT IS REALLY VERY HELPFUL FOR ME.I LIKE YOUR POST BECAUSE IT IS VERY USEFUL FOR ME AS WELL. HOPING THE SAME FINEST OPERATE IN THE UP COMING DAYS ALSO. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wondered to see the idea of adding boob light. Eagerly waiting to see some more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really lucky to see these bathroom remodeling videos.Love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing the video tour of your bathroom. What I noticed about your bathroom is that you have a lot of storage, which is a good thing if you have a lot of stuff you want to keep. Plus, the partition between the sink vanity and the shower is pretty smart. I like it! ->Randell Jeffries

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love th choice of tile you guys went with, the sandstone look gives your bathroom the perfect Rest and Relaxation atmosphere between the natural color as opposed to something bright like white.

    -Long Island Shower Doors

    ReplyDelete
  11. your bathroom picture are so fabulous and thanks for share all Remodeling a Small Bathroom ideas.your video tour of your bathroom is so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That tour was amazing and gorgeous! Your new bathroom really looks great because all the elements seem to work cohesively with each other. If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take to finish your new bathroom? Thanks for sharing! I love how the cabinets are well-placed.

    Lida Swisher @ Waddle Exteriors

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte