Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 12/28/12

Can you believe 2012 is almost over? And that we all lived through another "world ending" day? Crazy how fast time flies...



I'm thoroughly enjoying my downtime, relaxing, refusing to go anywhere that isn't necessary (hockey games and Tide runs fall into the "necessary" category), and soaking in my family. I'm currently typing away whilst my littlest enjoys yet another bath and breathing in the essential oils I added to her water...it smells a bit like a hippie heaven would, I imagine. :)

Okay, onto the questions!

Welcome to Five Question Friday!! You've come to the right place if you want a fun, easy post or if you've suddenly discovered your muses are recovering from the holidays.

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning and LINK UP!

Oh, and remember (pay close attention...this is the important one)...HAVE FUN!

Questions for Friday, December 28th: (Special thanks to Maranda (@MarandaLamping) from Maranda Lamping, Rachel (@runningrachel) from Running Rachel, Alicia (@_AliciaAudrey) from Alicia Audrey, Pam (@trooppetrie) from Troop Petrie, and yours truly, from this here blog that you're reading right now
 for these 5QF question suggestions! I would love to link you in a future 5QF, so come on over to my community or watch for my Thursday afternoon shout out for questions on Twitter and offer up your best question suggestions! Remember to @5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF if you go the Twitter route!)


1. If you had to give 1 million dollars to just one person (not your spouse), who would it be and why?

2. What bathroom stall do you typically go to FIRST? 

3. How do you prefer to shop: In-store or online?

4. What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

5. Do you own a pair of Tom's and what do you think? Overrated, underrated or about right?


-----------------------------------------------

1. If you had to give 1 million dollars to just one person (not your spouse), who would it be and why?
Oh my goodness, wouldn't that be fun?! Just to hand someone a million bucks? I'm assuming that if spouses are exempt, that kids/other family are too? If not, I'd give it to my eldest child, with stipulations that he must share equally amongst his siblings.


If we're talking we must give it to a stranger, I would contact a social worker at a Children's Hospital and give it all to a family in need whose child is suffering from cancer. Just one way I could make their life just a teeny, tiny bit easier. 

2. What bathroom stall do you typically go to FIRST? 

Well, that depends on if I'm peeing alone or with a child in tow! If I'm with a kiddo, then it's the handicap bathroom...more room that way. If I'm alone, then NOT the first one. The first stall has cooties or something, I can NOT go in the first stall...unless it's the only one without "remnants" in the toilet bowl, then I'll force myself to overcome the cooties and go in the "remnant-free" toilet.


I can NOT pee on other people's business. Nor do I like to flush other people's potty down...too personal, or something.

Hmmmm...I guess that means I don't really have a certain stall I go to, but I do have ones I WON'T go in! :)

3. How do you prefer to shop: In-store or online?

Up until my wee little babe was born, I would've said "in-store"...but since her arrival and subsequent hatred of malls (she's getting a tad better), I've been broken of my mall habit.


I really dove into on-line ordering this year, hitting up the on-line Black Friday sales and lemmetellya (that's MinneSOOOOOTan for "listen here"), that was slick! Loved shopping in my jammies (I know, I know, people shop in their jammies all the ding dang time at Walmart...but I can't do that. My psyche won't let me and Kate would disown me) from the comfort of my warm, cozy bed/couch and having the UPS dude deliver it to my door?

Love.

But, I do still love a little mall time.

4. What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

Bitter cold. No, I take that back...it's in the teens here, and bitter cold to a true Minnesotan isn't really until it hits double digits below zero with a windchill of -60. THAT is bitter cold.


This? It's just cold.

We've had one good snow fall, and little flurries here and there...I'd LOVE a big ol' snow storm...one that shuts down the whole town...but preferably, it must come before March. When we hit March, I'm ready for spring...but I'm still tolerating winter right now, so bring the snow!

5. Do you own a pair of Tom's and what do you think? Overrated, underrated or about right?

I don't...and I asked because I've recently discovered that I need a pair. Or, at least, I thought I needed a pair until @gasfamily told me they're overrated. They make your feet stinky and they get sloppy big.

So, I'm taking a poll...do you have Toms? Do you like them? Would you like them in a house, would you like them with a mouse?

---------------------------------------------------------

And with that, I wish you a wonderful weekend! I'm feeling an itch to get back to some good ol', hearty blogging, so be prepared! 





Comments

  1. I admire your Minnesotan spirit about the cold. I am a born, bred and lived the first 4 decades of my life there Michigander and at the first flake you'd swear I was a transplant from Florida. "Way too cold" is anything below 50, "long underwear weather" is anything below freezing and "bitter cold is the teens. Anything below zero is "just stay in bed" weather! :) The only time I've been to Minnesota was in August; guess that's the best time for me to visit, huh? LOL

    Thanks for hosting this fun meme that I've participated in most Fridays in 2012! I'm looking forward to continuing in 2013. A very happy New Year to you and all of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your answer for #1. I can't even begin to imagine a Minnesotan winter. I am not built for the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. About the toilet thing: I actually read somewhere that the first stall is the one with the least germs because most people won't go in it for the reasons you listed. Everyone thinks it has the most germs, so everyone avoids it, and it actually ends up being the cleanest. That's why I almost always go in the first stall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up!! We are so alike it must be the nurse thing! LOL. Toms totally overrated they do make your feet stink although someone told me to avoid that you buy spray deodorant and spray up your feet before you wear the stinky little suckers!! haha They do stretch but when I bought mine the sales dude told me to buy them small so mine are perfect in that way!! Good to be back to the blogging nonsense!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for shагing such a рleasant opіnion,
    piеce of writіng is nice, thats why i havе read it fully

    My web-site :: pikavippi
    my webpage - pikavippi

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first stall is usually the cleanest, because that's the one that people avoid! So that's the one I use! Unless I have Autism boy with me, then we do the handicapped one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte