Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 11/2/12

Stop.



Just for a second...and listen. Do you hear that?

It's the sound of THE WEEKEND!!!! Yay! I am so excited for the weekend to finally be here. Gonna visit my nephew, hang with my kids, cross my fingers every night that my husband and/or oldest son doesn't come home with a deer and maybe make a trip to the big city to see The Pioneer Woman.

My 4 year old is probably P-Dub's biggest fan. For real...given a choice to watch anything, and she'll choose The Pioneer Woman's Food Network show 9 times out of 10. I love it!

Oh, and add painting to my "to-do list"...our cabinetry will get installed this week (HALLELUJAH!) and I need to get the last bit of painting done! Then, it's tile and finishing off the plumbing and WE'LL BE DONE! I can hardly believe it.

Anyway, let's get to the questions!

Welcome to Five Question Friday!! You've come to the right place if you want a fun, easy post or if you've suddenly discovered your muses are too busy hoping for their hunters to get "skunked" to help you with a blog post.

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning and LINK UP!

Oh, and remember (pay close attention...this is the important one)...HAVE FUN!

Questions for Friday, November 2nd: (Special thanks to 
Pam (@trooppetrie) from Troop Petrie, Lindsey (@bloggerlinds) from A Dollop of my Life, Maranda (@MarandaLamping) fromMaranda Lamping, Kate (@KatieB38) from Kate's Life, and Erin (@emenchho1) from The Life and Times of E1 for these 5QF question suggestions! I would love to link you in a future 5QF, so come on over to my community or watch for my Thursday afternoon shout out for questions on Twitter and offer up your best question suggestions! Remember to @5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF if you go the Twitter route!)


1. What terrifies you the most?

2. Favorite fall/winter drink? 

3. Do you and your spouse have the same political views?

4. What was the last book you read? Was it any good?

5. Do you look forward to the snow each winter? Why or why not?


------------------------------------------------------


1. What terrifies you the most?
Well, first and foremost on the list is harm or serious injury (or worse) to my children or husband. That thought makes my blood run cold. But like, "freaky scary" stuff?

I hate flying. That's probably my "phobia" in life...and it's gotten worse as I've gotten older. Actually, scratch that...I think it got bad when I brought children into this world and I worry myself sick over leaving them while I'm jetting off to some exotic locale.

Not that I ever jet off to exotic locales, but still.

Belle and I are leaving for FL with my mom and dad in two weeks and I'm afraid my fear of flying has rubbed off on my girl. So, I'm over here all, "Flying is GREAT! It's fun and fabulous and exciting!!!" all the while I'm asking for God's forgiveness because I'm lying to her through my teeth.

Poor girl...she's gonna witness mama all Valium'ed up in a couple of weeks. Sigh...the things we do for fun.

2. Favorite fall/winter drink? 

Once upon a time I LOVED Caribou Coffee's "Ho Ho Mocha"...but then they went and got all fancy on me and started giving options of "white, milk, or dark" chocolate and things went to pot.

It's just not the same.

Alcoholic drink? Hot chocolate with a little Bailey's and Kahlua and vodka infused whipped cream.

Next to a crackling fire whilst snuggling with my handsome husband.

And a blizzard is raging outside my windows.

And school has been cancelled...no, the whole TOWN has been shut down.

Oh, wait...we're talking about drinks here, mama.

Sorry.

3. Do you and your spouse have the same political views?

Early in our marriage, not as much but as we've matured and grown together yes. Absolutely, positively, 100% we share the same political views.

Well, okay, maybe 99%.

He stays much more on top of current events that I do and I tend to play Devil's Advocate when we talk about issues because I find it's the best way to get answers from him.

4. What was the last book you read? Was it any good?

"Beautiful Disaster" was the last book I finished and yes, it was actually pretty good. Certainly not "Hunger Games" or "50 Shades" good, but not too shabby.

I'm currently reading the Love Languages book(s) because I'm totally intrigued by them after taking that quiz and realizing how spot on it was...I also downloaded the Love Languages for Teens and for Kids series 'cuz I wanna tap into the inner workings of my kids so I can better know how to make them feel most loved.

5. Do you look forward to the snow each winter? Why or why not?

See question two, above.

Yes, I do look forward to snow...but I've got a lot of "conditions" in which I love it. It must come between Thanksgiving and New Years Day...snow in abundant amounts that leave the trees heavy and hanging with snow and cancel schools and leave the world with that utter quiet that comes with a fresh, heavy snowfall.

I love those kinds of snows.

However, after New Years Day? Adios snow. If I had my way, from January 2nd until March 31st it would be 40-50 degrees and sunny everyday and spring would start promptly on April 1st.

Wouldn't that be nice?!

------------------------------------------------

And with that, I wish you all a very happy weekend! I hope it's wonderful for all of you!






Comments

  1. I think you need a chaperone, so so jealous of you seeing her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I might be OK with snow if they shut the whole town down and I didn't have to leave my house. But still...isn't it pretty yucky when all of that puffy white stuff melts? ;-)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally forgot about alcoholic drinks... that' the best in the winter time...anything that warms me up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Post up. Linked up. I'm done for now. Gotta go do some chores. lol Thanks for hosting, as always. I just wish I could join in more regularly. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The more I read your blog posts, the more I realize just how much I love you! You're wonderful, Miss M :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do I get the square to link up to your blog?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte