Skip to main content

Bathroom Remodel...Day 8,321,543,223




So, one day a few thousand centuries ago, my husband tore into our bathroom. It was a project we'd had on the "fix it up" list that we'd been wanting to tackle but that day, when I came home from work to see a giant hole in the wall where there once was tile, I gulped.







 And I thought, "Well, I guess this means we're really doing it!"

And now, several thousand centuries later, a potential dream house come and gone, a potential buyer for our home come and gone and HALLELUJAH! it's finally seeing some progress.

We were at a standstill forEVER...see, my well meaning husband started this remodel when at the end of his 'slow season', which quickly gave way to 'busy season' which meant I was stuck in 'nothing's happening on the bathroom' season.

Enter aforementioned dream house, potential buyer and HOLY MAN was a fire lit beneath our butts!

We finally decided we needed some outside help. That we were in over our heads on this DIY project, and so came the handy man and his bucket of mud. And then we met with a cabinet guy...and it was this cabinet guy that made me realize our project is nearing completion!

And, now I sorta love our cabinet guy.

Just look (sorry the lighting is bad...work in progress still):




I die.

Just to compare...Before:


After:

Before:


And After:


What's sad is that our bathroom isn't even finished and it is BY FAR the nicest room in the house. Those horrid 1970's cupboards above? Yeah. They carry through to the kitchen.

Dear me oh my. Now I want to tear down the cupboards...heeeeyyyyyyy, there's an idea! The Mr. did it to me...maybe I should just great him at the door with a crowbar and a shit-eatin' grin on my face with a pile of kitchen cupboard rubble behind me.

Only, I've learned...time is money. And, taking into consideration the amount of time this project has taken, I estimate the cost of this bathroom remodel to be somewhere around where the national debt sits.

Next time? We hire out from the get go. That is, AFTER I've taken out my aggressions on those God-awful cabinets.


Comments

  1. Oh I cannot wait to see the finished product. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color of the walls and how it looks with the color of the cabinets

    Brad Thomas
    Classic Clawfoot Tubs
    http://www.classicclawfoottubs.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing work was done by you.The finishing is fantastic..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the beautifully designed bathroom ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, that's an outstanding renovation work done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog. I loved the renovation pictures. I need to check out some bathroom stores in my area. I'm working on installing some new tile on the floors and walls in my bathroom. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I absolutely love this cabinet turn around! It is too bad it has taken so long to get it to this point, but don't all DIY projects turn in to months and months and months of waiting? It really is looking good so far though. And so fun too! We are going to tackle a bathroom remodel soon, using cabinets in Halifax, and I hope we can finish in a decent amount of time. I can't wait to see your finished product. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed this page. It was very informative. bathroom remodeler in Essex

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work - can't wait to start on my own cabinets.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet it was so satisfying to smash a hammer into your wall! I love the placement of those cabinets for your bathroom! This gives me some more ideas for my bathroom renovation plans. I appreciate the insights and help!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am loving the new counter-tops! What kind of stone did you use? I love the idea of that whole wall of cabinets in the bathroom too. I swear there is never enough room under the sink for all the bathroom supplies.

    Mia | http://www.310bath.com/twodays_bathrooms.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte