Skip to main content

Five Question Friday!! 11/18/11


It's my weekend to work. 3 days away from my fam for the majority of the day...it's a good thing I love what I do!

I'm happy to say that I've gotten a pretty good start on my Christmas shopping this year. Kind of sad that I need to cut back a bit this year due to my bro's wedding in Mexico in January, but it's not about the gifts, right?


E.W's birthday is on Tuesday, I always need to take a step back, clear my mind of Christmas, and focus on just his birthday! Should be fun...I think he's going to be happy with what he gets!

Okay...let's get to the questions!

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning and LINK UP! Don't forget the very most important rule of all: HAVE FUN!!

Questions for Friday, November 18th: (Special thanks to @gasfamily, @_mycrazy4, @trooppetrie, @katieb38, and Sandy for their question suggestions! I'd love to link you in a future 5QF, so c'mon over to my BlogFrog community and offer up your best question suggestions...or watch for my weekly shout out on Thursdays and offer 'em up that way! Remember to@5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF!)

1. Do you have a go to song that always puts you in a good mood?

2. Are you a real Christmas tree kinda person or do you go with a real fake one?

3. What are you thankful for?

4. Which fashion fad from the past do you wish you could wear today?

5. Do you wait until the "low fuel" light comes on before you fill up the gas tank?

-------------------------------------------------------

1. Do you have a go to song that always puts you in a good mood?

Well, typically, anything by the Zac Brown Band makes me happy...specifically "Toes" or "Chicken Fried" or "Whatever It Is" or...well, yeah. Anything.

HOWEVER. At this time of the year? Gimme Christmas music.

Love me some fun Christmas music.

WAIT. Wait, wait, wait. Wait just a minute. I need to clarify.

MOST Christmas music.

The Carpenter's, however? They make me depressed. The way she sings is absolutely nauseating. Gives me shivers...and not in a good way.

May she rest in peace.

But, "Merry Christmas Baby"? "Rudolf the Rednosed Reindeer" (Ray Charles' version)? "Colorado Christmas"? LOVE them. Makes my heart all warm and fuzzy and happy and makes me crave Christmas cookies and hot chocolate (with Khalua in it).

2. Are you a real Christmas tree kinda person or do you go with a real fake one?

Well...up until this happened (oh, yeah...and this) I thought fake trees were about the worst thing a person could ever do. Save for homicide and consumption of black olives.

Then...well, then we experienced a carpet made of pine needles and, well, let's just say that I no longer think artificial trees are evil.

Still haven't succumbed, but they are becoming more and more appealing. (Doubt I'll ever do it when my kids are still young...) We do have a set of 3 small artificial trees that my Belle got for Christmas one year when the only thing she wanted was "candy canes and Christmas trees"...and one small fake tree for our basement.

3. What are you thankful for?

Oh, wow. So much. So, so very much.

I know I've mentioned it before, but my kids go to school with a little boy who is waiting on a miracle...or for God to come and get him. His accident and what his parents are going through have put so much into perspective for me.

I am thankful for my children and my husband. I am thankful for today. I am HOPEFUL for tomorrow.

Actually, I just wrote a post about this yesterday.

Hug your kids, your spouse, your family and friends. Tell them you love them every chance you get.

4. Which fashion fad from the past do you wish you could wear today?

Phew. Done with the heavy question!!

I totally wish I could wear blazers with big, giant shoulder pads.

Okay, I lied. WHOEVER thought THAT would look nice?! "Hi, this is my wife, her shoulders are broader than mine, but doesn't she look HOT?!"

Here's one look that has made a comeback that I wish I could pull off: leggings with long tops. I just feel funny in them...from the mid-thigh down, my legs are allright, but they're a bit top heavy. Top heavy legs do NOT look good in leggings.

Period. End of story. You can't change my mind.

Good bye.

5. Do you wait until the "low fuel" light comes on before you fill up the gas tank?

Oh, wait. Not good bye...one more question.

Well, DUH! Of course I wait 'til the "low fuel" light comes on, when ELSE would you fill up your tank?

Actually, I take it a step farther. I drive for as long as I can with the "low fuel" light on...I like to call it "gas tank roulette". "Can I make it to the next station?" HELL YES I CAN! And the one after that, too!

I'll admit, in the winter I try to be more cautious. Word on the street is that if your gas tank isn't full enough and the temperature gets low enough (which it does here) that your tank could actually freeze up.

Now, wouldn't THAT suck?

Hmmmmm...speaking of gas, you just reminded me that my "low fuel" light is on and now I need to leave for work extra early so I can fill up with gas. Fer dumb. I wish cars ran on vegetable oil. Or, better yet...water.

----------------------------------------------------

Enjoy your weekend, my friends!




Comments

  1. The pine needles were why I originally went to an artificial tree but now I have hardwood floors so they sweep up easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blazers with shoulder pads - bwahahaha! Seriously, what a nightmare fashion statement that was! Too funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad I am not the only one who plays gas tank roulette, someone made the mistake of telling me that once your light goes on you still have a good 5-6 miles left of gas, now I don't feel super compelled to fill it up right when the light goes on LOL. Happy Friday, hope your weekend is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. See I didn't know your tank could freeze up :)

    I guess ..well ok I'm still bleeding the tank :)

    Love your answers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Belle wanted candy canes and christmas trees. How cute is that!!!!! Thanks as always for hosting.
    ~Kimberlee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have real trees and have experienced both of those same problems. We tether our tree to the wall also by tying it with string of all things, but it works.
    Christmas music. I heard it yesterday for the first time this season. I screamed, noooooooo! I think it should be reserved for December. Once December 1st hits, I'm happy with it.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have started my Christmas shopping as well. I love getting stuff in the mail. No matter if it's for me or someone else, it feels like a special present just for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved my blazers and still have one or two

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL I sure do love you M. You are one funny gal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweeping up pine needles > fake tree with no pine scent

    I love that you said "May she rest in peace." That cracked me up. Along with a few other lines. Thanks for the laughs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! I love the gas tank comment! I'm the exact same way. and I hope to never again see shoulder pads.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am SO BUSY today, well, more like this week and next, and I almost didn't read your post, but am so glad I did, thanks for the smile! I love that you listed Colorado Christmas, most people I have met who don't live in Colorado have never heard of it. Since I am from Colorado, and lived there the first 26 years of my life, and desperately want to move back there I LOVE THAT SONG and it makes my heart happy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1. Do you have a go to song that always puts you in a good mood? Yes! She's My Kind of Rain by Tim McGraw. That's my husband's song for me.

    2. Are you a real Christmas tree kinda person or do you go with a real fake one? Real Christmas tree, of course :).

    3. What are you thankful for?

    4. Which fashion fad from the past do you wish you could wear today? Hmmm...none, I don't think.

    5. Do you wait until the "low fuel" light comes on before you fill up the gas tank? Yes! Horrible habit. I'm working on that :).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, the gas tank does freeze when it's low... and then your car dies in the middle of the street... not that it happened to me last winter...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte