Skip to main content

Five Question Friday!! 10/14/11


Wanna know what torture is? Having to go to work on the day you are expecting a super fun package! Seriously, who needs waterboarding? Just send those terrorists a fun package then send them to work the day they're expecting it.


They'll be singin' like canaries. ;)

This week is kickin' off into high gear this weekend! Bonfire at our place tonight, nature day at the in-law's hunting land tomorrow, photoshoots galore on Sunday...then back to the daily grind!

Onto Five Question Friday!

Rules for 5QF: The first rule is the most important. If you do not follow it, I will be forced to beat you with a soggy noodle. Consider yourself warned. Okay...Rule Number 1: HAVE FUN!! Rule #2: (actually, the "directions" to participate!) copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear tomorrow morning!

Oh, and remember, you can always play along on Twitter! A few have done this in the past and it was pretty fun! ("Pretty fun"? As opposed to "ugly fun"?)

Questions for Friday, October 14th: (Special thanks to @scatteredmama, @katieb38,@kristinascackle, My Family, and little ol' moi for their question suggestions! I'd love to link YOU in a future 5QF so c'mon over to my community and offer up your best [or worst] questions suggestions or watch for my Thursday shout out for questions on Twitter! If you go the Twitter route, remember to @5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF so I'm sure to get them! Thanks to all of you for making this a fun blog hop every week!)

1. Do you prefer your ice cream in a bowl or in a cone?

2. What three things do you love the smell of?

3. Giftcards or no? (In regards to gift giving...)

4. What sports did you play in high school if any and do you still play them?

5. Were you in band in high school? What instrument did you play?

----------------------------------------

1. Do you prefer your ice cream in a bowl or in a cone?

Wait. What kinda cone are we talkin' 'bout?

If we're talking a chocolate dipped waffle cone, then yes...two please!

But those boring, run of the mill cones? Meh. I'll take it in the bowl, then!

Speaking of ice cream...does anyone else think that Cotton Candy ice cream is ridiculously delicious? Sounds like it'd be horribly sweet, right? Well, it's not. It's almost "mellow" in flavor but OH SO GOOD!!

Try it. Then thank me.

You're welcome!

2. What three things do you love the smell of?

Oh, I love smells! Smells are one of the biggest "memory triggers" for me!

I love the smell of Christmas...and Bath and Body has the most amazing Christmas scented candles. Hard to pinpoint what, exactly, I love about the smell of Christmas, but I do!

Nutmeg. LOVE...but, kinda goes hand in hand with that Christmas smell!

My husband's deodorant. Weird, I know...but I love sticking my nose in his arm pit and taking a big deep breath. Old Spice Red Zone. "Swagger" I believe.

3. Giftcards or no? (In regards to gift giving...)

I give them, yes...but fairly reluctantly. I love the idea of giving a "gift". Something the recipient can actually open!

There is something so fulfilling about finding that perfect gift that just lights a person up when you see them open it. So rewarding...and almost as good as receiving.

I kid! I KID!!

Kind of.

Not really.

Okay, I am.

(Sorta.)

4. What sports did you play in high school if any and do you still play them?

Well, let me toss in a couple of key words..."tried to".

I tried to play basketball. Couldn't make a basket to save my life.

I tried to golf. Heard I had a good swing, couldn't hit the ball to save my life.

I wished I played tennis, 'cuz those girls always had smashing legs.

I never wanted to play volleyball, 'cuz that dang ball hurt my arms like you wouldn't believe. (Yes, I'm delicate like that.)

I had a blast playing intramural basketball. Kind of a "no-holds barred/UFC fighting" style of basketball. Totally fun.

And, no. I don't play a single one, anymore. I do get involved in rambunctious game of kickball every now and again...but that's the extent of it.

Impressive, no?

5. Were you in band in high school? What instrument did you play?

"This one time, at Band Camp..." Actually, I never went to band camp, but I was in band! Played the clarinet (wait, wait...key words again, "tried to") up until middle school and then switched to drums.

Drums were incredibly fun. Only I couldn't really keep up with the snare drums very well, so I was always relegated to the cow bell or the cymbals. Fun times!

Have you seen this video? The Ohio marching band? TOTALLY awesome. Kinda makes me wanna crash the marching band party and get in the action one more time, for old time's sake!

Awwwww...those were the days. The days when we marched in an LA parade and were one float behind *swoon* Joey McIntyre. I'm surprised any of us could function knowing we had just walked the very road Joey rode upon! *SCREAM* *OHMIGAWD* ;)

-------------------------------------------

Thanks for playing along again everyone!


Comments

  1. I've never heard of, let alone tried, Cotton Candy Icecream!!! I do like the sound of it, it has to be said!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Volleyball hurt the heck out of my arms too! They are sore just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that I'm not the only one sniffing around the Hubs' armpits! He uses the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes... My second kiddo introduced me to cotton candy ice cream from Cold Stone.

    OH my...

    So good that it's dangerous! It's probably a good thing that this store is so far away from me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay Mama- Christmas smells like scotch tape!!! Yes, go run to the tape draw and PROVE ME RIGHT!!!! On November 1st- I will be turning the Christmas lights on, along with the 24 hours a day of Christmas music! It's never too soon to DECK THE HALLS!!! Hugs, G

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte