Skip to main content

4S vs. 4G...My Decision


Remember when I was floundering about, asking for advice on which phone I should upgrade to? I just know that you've been dying to know what I choose. Pacing the floor, biting your nails, wondering WHAT ON EARTH is taking me so long to tell you?

Right?

Oh...you weren't? You were just going about life normally, without a second thought to which phone I chose? Well, hrmph. Fine then. But I'm gonna tell you anyway.

I debated, I fretted, I weighed this option and that option and this feature and that feature and I asked Twitter, Google, Facebook and my gynecologist for their opinions. (Okay, fine. I'm kidding about the last one. Maybe.)

My baby bro nailed it: "4S. Go big or go home." My next baby bro (iPhone hater that he is) taunted me: "Droid." (He doesn't know what he's missing.) My big bro let me down and didn't help out his baby sister a bit. Not a peep from him. See if I ever ask for his advice again.

In the end...it was Siri that won me over. Siri, the voice command assistant that lives inside my iPhone 4S. She's a doll. Quite hilarious, actually. She'll offer up the meaning of life:



She's witty with a response when I tell her I love her:




Sometimes, she gets confused about what I'm asking her...must be my MinneSOOOOOta accent:


But in the end, she's a nice little helper to have in my pocket.

The camera? LIGHTYEARS better than my old 3G camera. And...AND?! I can finally take video with my new phone! Oh, the memories I'm capturing (please hold...video uploading to YouTube of Baby Girl singing...).

I am entirely pleased with my 4S...in my opinion, VERY worth the extra cashola (50 bucks, I think is what the difference ended up being!)

So there, now you can rest easy, stop pacing, and quit biting your nails. Oh, that's right. YOU WEREN'T.

(Just a quick reminder...will you vote for my SIL in the "Heroic Mom" contest? She deserves this for so many reasons and I would LOVE to hand that check over to her! Our lead isn't anywhere near as large as it was, so I really, really appreciate you taking the time to vote! Thank you!)

Comments

  1. Oh I'm jealous! I have the iPhone 4, but I've heard such great things about Siri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I debated forever as well and also went with the 4S. I came from a blackberry so it's a whole new world to me. My only question is... how on earth do you take screen shots? I think it'd be fun to take a pic of some of the answers Siri gives me but I don't know what I am doing haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got one too and LOVE it and Siri is my hero.

    I also love the voice text ability:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to meet Siri. I'm on the list...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte