Skip to main content

Lake Time...


Sleep when you're tired.

Wake when you're rested.

Eat when you're hungry.

Clean when you darn well feel like it (or not at all).


Ahhhh...this is the life. Except, you know, when I get a phone a call from my dad that starts with small talk before he utters the dreaded "Everything is okay, but..." words. *Gulp*

Turns out my grandpa...who is almost 81, golfed 27 holes on Wednesday, and rode some pretty fierce roller coaster rides on Monday...had a heart attack today. I originally misunderstood and thought all of this happened yesterday, but, alas, it was just today.


And, I've gotta say, as much as I know my presence at home wouldn't change anything, I still feel the pull to go. We won't, though. We've been instructed to "enjoy our vacation!!" as Gramp is doing very well after having 2 stents placed.

So well, in fact, that his nurse kindly asked his visitors to leave today because he was laughing and talking too much and his puncture wound was oozing!

Rumor even has it that Gramp has already asked his doctor if he can golf on Wednesday...and apparently he was told, "Well, I don't see why not!". Geepers.

Anyway, this lake living suits me just fine. Play until the kids drop. Supper at 8pm. Breakfast whenever we wake.


Belle had trouble sleeping last night, I tucked her in after giving her some ibuprofen for achy legs, but she told us she didn't sleep very good after that and was pretty much awake for the day at 5:30 am.

Know what she did?

Sat on the deck and read. Soaked in the glory of living on a lake...if only for a few days.

Her maturity amazes me, sometimes. Heck, most times, actually!

The Pal has been a tad sulky...after losing two baseball games (that they shouldn't have lost) and ending their State Champ bid, I can't blame him too much. BUT, the sulkiness has gotta go tomorrow.

We didn't invite sulky along on this trip!

Morning brings with it a new day of fun, swimming, fishing (I caught 4!!), eating, resting, relaxing...and just living.

Enjoying.

Lake time. It's my kinda thing.


Comments

  1. So glad you're having such a wonderful time! You deserve it.

    I'll be praying for your grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lake. Lakes are so much fun.

    Sorry to hear about your grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya, enjoy! Sorry about your gramps, sounds like he still has a lot of life in him though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your vacation. I'm glad to hear your grandpa is doing well

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, I love the picture of your grandpa and I'm glad he's doing well. I think a lot of it is in the attitude when it comes to healing. Your vacation pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte