Skip to main content

Five Question Friday!! 8/5/11


WE MADE IT TO THE FINAL GAME!!! And, being it's double elim, that means that if we don't win the first time, we get to try it again!


But let's just hope we win it the first time. Please, and thank you! Game time is 7pm...be prepared for some Twitter ballgame onslaught. And, I'm pretty sure she doesn't read my blog, but just in case she does, THANK YOU to my wonderful co-worker who picked up some of my shift tomorrow so I can make it to the game!

Just wait until I tell you about today's game. I died. Then I lived to tell you about it. (Hint: I'm hoarse and my throat hurts.)

Okay, onto the fun stuff!! Five Question Friday! Welcome, new and old, to the funnest, easiest blog hop around! Trust me on that one.

Rules for Five Question Friday: First and foremost...HAVE FUN!! Oh, and copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for my linky post appear Friday morning!

Questions for Friday, August 5th: (Big, HUGE thanks to @katieb38, @zachsgang,@emenchho1, @gasfamily, and @Lovely_Lici for their question suggestions! Would YOU like to be linked in a future 5QF? Just c'mon over to my community or watch for my Thursday Twitter shout out and offer up your best question suggestions! Remember to @5crookedhalosme and use hashtag #5QF if you go the Twitter route!)

1. Do you have siblings and are you close with them?

2. Would you rather be slightly UNDER weight or slightly OVER weight?

3. What's your favorite State Fair food to splurge on?

4. What are your thoughts on your kid(s) going to school in a few weeks?

5. Pool or Ocean?

-----------------------------------------------

1. Do you have siblings and are you close with them?

I do have siblings...brothers, actually...and yes, I am close with them.

Not close in a "I call them up and talk to them about my period" kind of way, but close in that I admire and respect and call them up to ask their advice on teenage dating and stuff.

I don't know what I'd do without my brothers.

Well, except for those times growing up, you know, when they're all annoying and irritating and you haven't yet developed the maternal skill of "tuning out" so every cotton pickin' stinkin' no good dirty rotten sound/noise/movement they make is enough to send you into a fly off the handle rage (oh, wait...maybe that was my own teenage PMS shining through)...then I would've preferred to do without them.

But I sure love 'em now!

2. Would you rather be slightly UNDER weight or slightly OVER weight?

I'm actually kind of embarrassed to admit this...I don't know why...but gonna be honest.

I would rather be slightly UNDER weight.

Body image issues, yes. Currently, I feel slightly OVER weight, and I'm working to improve that...although, I should probably settle for "just right", but I know that I hate being "average" and like to be on "this side" of what ever number I'm looking at.

Salary? I prefer above average.

Shoes? I'd prefer slightly smaller...better chance to hit the good sales that way.

Intellect? Well, I'm already way over average on that one, so we're good there. *Ahem* Okay, nevermind.

Weight? Below average. I remember watching a show or hearing somewhere that a model was once told "Clothes look best on a hangar." In other words, you need to be "hangar skinny" in order for clothes to look good.

Now, I don't want to be grody skinny (and, I like food WAYYYYY too much for that), but yes. Slightly under is what I know I would choose.

3. What's your favorite State Fair food to splurge on?

Well, being that I've NEVER, EVER, EVER, NEVER, EVER (guilt trip for my husband there) been to our state's State Fair, I'm not sure.

BUT...we do go to a place called "ValleyFair" (coming up on Monday!!) every year, and I certainly have my favorites there.

Cheese on a stick. Dippin' Dots. Pronto Pups.

Yum...but. The creme de la creme? The piece de resistance?

The hand-cut Friar Tuck's french fries we get at the end of the night. With a side of cheese and chili and a few dipped in malt vinegar.

Oh my yum.

Yikes, now I'm REALLY excited about Monday's trip!! (Hello, "slightly underweight" body...or not.)

4. What are your thoughts on your kid(s) going to school in a few weeks?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

BOO!!!

HISS!!!!

I am so not ready for school to start. For one, I feel like summer just started, weather-wise and two, I don't like to share my kids. :(

One of my childrens' teachers once told me that she wishes we had year round school. The look of sheer horror on my face must've been quite obvious.

Grody. Year round school? No thank you!

5. Pool or Ocean?

Neither! BUT, if you made me choose...ocean.

In reality, though, I'm a lake girl. I love the lakes that we have in MinneSOOOOta. Real, live lakes. Not reservoirs, but actual honest to goodness, spring fed (or other) lakes.

I'm not a pool girl 'cuz they make me feel all chemical-y and gross (unless they're unchlorinated), not to mention all the pee in those suckers...if I had my own, perhaps I'd feel differently.

Oceans...I love what is IN the ocean. I love the sounds of the ocean and the smells...but I don't love swimming in them. The salt bothers me and I get all worried about sharks (espceially with Shark Week on) and rip tides and rouge waves and under currents.

Too much to worry about to enjoy it much.

Although, I am completely fascinated by the ocean.

------------------------------------------------

Enjoy your weekend! Wish us luck in tomorrow's game!




Comments

  1. I had already completed my answers last night...then I turned the TV on to check weather forecast (our fair is this weekend) and lo and behold....you're right! there it was...big gaping jaws taking a bite outta a swimmer's arse! Hubby must have been watching Discovery channel. Or course, I was riveted - which is why Shark Week is probably such a hit.
    But I am extra thankful for our non shark filled Great Lakes here in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you don't talk to your brothers about your period, my brother and I do all the time. Kidding!

    I could not feel more opposite about the school thing, but I hear that people feel differently once their children are in elementary. Right now I feel like everyone is going a little bonkers with me all day, every day since the beginning of time. It's getting painful.

    I forgot about lakes! I love a lake too.

    Thanks for setting up the link each week. It's such a fun post to do and to read everyon's answers.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to a fair either. I just pretended it have been and choose from there. But, based on YOUR list, I don't have a clue as to the fiar food that's offered out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have never been to a fair. About year round school ours is almost that way as our 3 months holiday is seperated throughtout the year with 1 week in March, 4 weeks in June, 1 week in Sept and 6 weeks in Nov/DEc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fries sound wonderful! All fair food sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The food at the fair sounds soooo good...how dare you ask questions about food and weight at the same time!!! ha! ha! HOPE you have a great day....thanks for letting me join!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I'm Cindy...I've seen your blog hop all around the bloggy world, but this is my first time playing along!

    I had to LOL at "we're not close like I call them up to talk about my period, close..." TOO FUNNY!!!

    Thanks for the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with ya on the fries at the fair, and oh the kids going to school, WAHHHHHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sooooooo enjoyed participating in this week's 5QF, as I'd missed it for a few weeks while I was on on holiday (vacation!) in Majorca, Spain.

    Thanks again for hosting, and have a fantastic weekend!!

    :D

    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't like to share my kids either.

    What is a Pronto Pup??

    Look! I can comment on your blog again! WHHOOOPPPEEE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was unable to link to the sight...
    my blog site is


    www.siggiofmaine.wordpress.com

    I love reading everyone's comments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fairly new follower and participant in 5QF...so far its quite fun. I must say I feel the same way about the ocean...too much to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  13. cheese on a stick, that sounds wonderful

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte