Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 4/15/11


Normally, at this point in the week, I'd tell you how much I was looking forward to the weekend, however, this weekend, the one that is looming like a giant in front of us? Yeah...there's snow in the forecast this weekend.


Snow.

S-N-O-W. You know, the fluffy, white stuff that falls from the sky around Christmas (and, in MinneSOOOOta, between October and May, apparently) time? Yup. That stuff.

I'm sort of wishing this weekend would just breeze right past...or, more so, I wish the snow would just bypass us directly, and instead we would get back the 70 degree weather that we just had.

Pipe dreams, my friends, I know.

Anyway...enough talk about the weather, let's get this Five Question Friday boat sailing!!

If you're new to 5QF, WELCOME!! We're glad to have you...and I hope you enjoy yourself!

Rules for 5QF: HAVE FUN!! Oh, and copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning and LINK UP!

Questions for Friday, April 15th: (Special thanks to @Eligabiff, @RoryBore, @jengacek,Rachel, and Chrissy for their question suggestions! If YOU would like to be linked in a future 5QF c'mon over to my community and offer up your best question suggestions! Feel free to shout 'em out on Twitter to me [@5crookedhalos] using hashtag #5QF!)

1. What is your favorite sign of spring?

2. What was your best birthday ever?

3. What is your favorite dessert?

4. What is the best excuse you've ever used to get out of a ticket?

5. Do you wake up before your alarm, with your alarm, or after hitting snooze several times?

-------------------------------------------

1. What is your favorite sign of spring?

Okay, you know that whole monologue I just gave you above?

The one about the weather? Yeah...that one.

WARM WEATHER. That is my favorite sign of spring.
Oh, and the birds chirping and the grass turning green and the spring bulbs poking their pretty little heads through the soil, and the trees starting to bud.

Ahhhhhh...spring. It's so fresh and clean and new and WELCOME after a long, cold, never ending winter.

2. What was your best birthday ever?

Wellllllll, I suppose it's here that I should probably say that my 31st birthday, the one on which I gave birth to my youngest daughter, is my best birthday ever. After all, I got an amazing little (stubborn), adorable (strong-willed) cutie-pie for my gift, right?!

Only, I really liked having a birthday...and now she's gone an stole it from me.

I mean, really, couldn't she have come a day earlier (or, I guess, later, if she had to?)? No, of course not, 'cuz in true Baby Girl fashion...she does things HER OWN WAY.

And forget YOU if you think you're gonna tell her any differently!

But, then there is that wonderful 21st birthday on which I met an extremely handsome prince who swept me off my feet and gave me 4 more beautiful children (one of whom stole my birthday...)...that was a pretty great one!!

3. What is your favorite dessert?

Seconds of whatever we had for supper!

Serious...I'm much more of a "second helping of mashed potatoes" than a cake and cookies kinda girl. Although, I usually won't turn those down, either!

I'm definitely a salty over sweet girl...although...

My grandma (Hi Gram!!) makes this incredible tiramisu (hint, hint Gram!) that is just to. die. for.

Amazing.

Better than any I've ever had before.

OH! AND, my mom always makes me an angel food cake for my birthday, and she frosts it with whipped cream with a package of jello added. *swoon* It's scrumptious!

4. What is the best excuse you've ever used to get out of a ticket?

Well...this one time (you say it..."at band camp"...) my mom and I were on our way to a near-byish outlet mall, when I had my first experience with Hambone and his carsickness.

He was still rear-facing at that time, so I think he was right around one, and he proceeded to barf all over himself and the car seat. We had stopped at a gas station and I cleaned him up while my mom tackled the car seat, and we went our merry little way to the mall.

A very short time later, we were on a road that, I swear ('cuz I've looked now!), doesn't have the speed limit posted (to which my mom says, "Ignorance isn't an excuse"...apparently there are speed limits for different types of roads that we all should know. However, I don't know them.), when E. Dubs, in all of his 2 1/2 ish-ness (and new enough to potty training that I acted quickly on every declaration of "I HAVE TO POOP!) declared (say it with me) "I HAVE TO POOP!!!!"

So, apparently, I was driving too fast, or so says the state trooper that pulled me over, and when he walked up to the door, I blurted out:

"I'm sorry!! I have one that just puked all over himself and another that says he has to poop!"

I'm not even sure he ran my license. It was so quick...he just handed me back my stuff and said, "Slow down ma'am."

I think I saw him run back to his car in an effort to separate himself from the calamities occuring inside my vehicle.

But hey!! No ticket!

5. Do you wake up before your alarm, with your alarm, or after hitting snooze several times?

Alarm?

What's that?

Oh, you mean "my children"? Yeah, unfortunately, they don't have a snooze button...and I certainly don't wake up before them (kudos to you that do...my sleep is just WAY too precious to me)...so, I guess that would mean, B. I wake up with my alarm (children).

Although. On those horrific days that I do actually need to set an alarm, I typically hit snooze once, then get up.

Blech. I hate alarms.

----------------------------------

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! (Please, send some warm weather back to us!!)


Comments

  1. My kids are my alarm clock too. I am so glad to read, I am not the only one that does that. I am having a blast linking up for 5 questions friday! Happy weekend...even if it means snow!

    www.thisfarmfamilyslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the whole "she stole my birthday" thing, lol!! I can't imagine having to share my birthday with anyone or anything... I like having birthdays, too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! This is my first time on your 5QF!

    How sweet! You met your hubby on your 21st bday? That sure qualifies as an AWESOME bday! :)

    Sending you lots of warm weather from where I am, and thanks for this opportunity to meet other bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! like you Im not looking forward to the weekend. Lots of rain here. So sad would love to see some sunshine myself. The Winter that will not leave.
    How cool to share a birthday with your daughter.
    Seems you have awesome birthdays. Meeting prince chariming and all.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! My first time doing it as a new blogger! I also want to hear more about this angel food cake with a jello packet please do tell???

    http://thatsawrapconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello. my first time to join but not my first visit though. here's mine. have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like kids are always a great excuse for getting out of things like tickets and endless volunteering. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always love 5QF! such a great way to get to know everyone. who knew kids would such a great excuse to get out of a ticket, or effective alarms! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Tiramisu!!! I almost put it as my favorite!

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also share my birthday...with my oldest. We take turns getting "the day" and celebrating on an alternate day. Next year though...we're going to Hawaii because I am turning 40 and I have already told him that I get the whole week...I'm not sharing :) Well maybe I'll share a little...he is after all my first born and pretty darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your getting out of a ticket story made me chuckle. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the cop story... even if my daughter just went potty and she says she has to go #2 I just freak out at the exact moment and try to figure out my next plan of action! And yep my girls are definitely my alarm clock:(!

    stacey_hicks1{at}comcast{dot}net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that! If I would've gotten pulled over when my oldest was a baby I could have used the puke line, we're pretty sure she threw up every time the car moved that first year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for putting in my question...I'm honored :) Snow. I hear ya...we just got dumped on yesterday and there is more coming...seriously. What is this "spring" they speak of...it doesn't exist!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bummer about the snow. I can't even imagine snow this time of year (or really anytime of year) in SE Texas. I hope it doesn't hit and instead you have a weekend full of sunshine and daisies... or something else happy! I think it's so awesome that you and Baby Girl share a birthday. My brother-in-law and nephew also share a birthday.... such a neat coincidence! Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG>.. your answers are just priceless. I love the seconds on dinner. That would so be me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am new to this hop! Thanks for having me. I think you have the most gorgeous family! I look forward to reading more - and doing more 5 Qs Fridays!
    http://www.craptasticmommy.com/2011/04/5-question-friday/

    ReplyDelete
  18. So, I love these questions, and want to answer but there's this problem... my blog is done so I'll be answering the questions right here.

    1. What is your favorite sign of spring?
    Rain. Where I live it doesn't rain in the winter. It snows. But then it rains to wash the snow away. And the smell of rain is divine!!! And then, I love summer. The wearing flip flops. No winter coats. No socks. BBQing without freezing my bum... yes. I love summer.

    2. What was your best birthday ever?
    13th birthday. My mom let me invite ALL the girls in my class (I'm from a small town so it was like 11 girls, but still...) anyways, she and my older sisters set up this town-wide scavenger hunt where we had to do certain things in certain stores to get slushies, or fries, or more clues, or candy... yep. It was an amazing party. A close second was when my boyfriend took me to the Zoo for the first time ever and he spoiled me rotten all day long. :) awesome.

    3. What is your favorite dessert?
    I do candy. Not really into cakes or cupcakes or pies usually. I'd take a second helping of supper over dessert usually.

    4. What is the best excuse you've ever used to get out of a ticket?
    "My insurance ran out? *bats eyes* oh dear, my insurance company never gave me a notification about it running out *bats eyes more* I'll get that done tomorrow, I promise *smiles coyly. more eye batting*

    5. Do you wake up before your alarm, with your alarm, or after hitting snooze several times?
    Usually before my alarm. And when I say before, I mean like 2 minutes before because my body rocks. I feel better when my day doesn't start with an alarm blaring. But right now I have my alarm as one of my favourite songs so it's not so bad anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte