Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 4/1/11


Ohmigosh!! I totally forgot to do my 5QF questions last night!! (Can you tell my mind is elsewhere?!)


Good thing my cranky baby woke me early!

We awoke to some MORE snow this morning...not a lot, but enough to cover the grass that was starting to peek through the mounds of snow. Boo!!

Okay...let's get this party started (I need to try to get this girl back to sleep. 7:30 is still nighttime to me.)

Welcome to Five Question Friday!!

Rules for Five Question Friday: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning and LINK UP! Remember, the most important rule of all is to HAVE FUN!

Questions for Friday, April 1st: (Special thanks to @joleneslavik, @PardonMyDust,@Katieb38, @lisanoel03, and Lorilynne for their question suggestions! Wow! I got a great Twitter response today! If you want to be linked in a future 5QF, head on over to my community and offer up your best question suggestions...or shout 'em out to me [@5crookedhalos] on Twitter, using hashtag #5QF!)

1. Have you ever had surgery?

2. Ever ride in an ambulance?

3. How are you in a medical emergency? Panicked? Calm?

4. Do you have a garden? Flowers or veggies?

5. When did you move out of your parents house?

-----------------------------------------

1. Have you ever had surgery?

Yup! When I was a wee little babe...okay, so I was a toddler...I had my tonsils out.

Back then, it was quite the ordeal...many days in the hospital, not just the in and out same day surgery that it is now!

I even remember the monkey on the wall that was by the nurses station...oh weird is that?

2. Ever ride in an ambulance?

Once, I did...but only as a passenger.

Wait...isn't everyone in the ambulance a passenger?

Let me explain...in college, one of my roommates developed viral meningitis...only we didn't know it at the time! All we knew is that she was acting strange and out of it...so we called an ambulance!

I got to ride with...and discovered that there are a lot of people who pay no attention to an ambulance!

3. How are you in a medical emergency? Panicked? Calm?

Well, I tend to be calm on the outside...my husband tells me I'm good at that...and freaking out on the inside!

I tend to lose it a bit after the emergency...like when The Pal got stitches in 1st grade and I almost passed out as they were pulling his eyebrows out of the stitches...they had to make my newly stitched up boy get off the "table" so his (nurse) mom could lay down so she didn't pass out.

Talk about embarrassing!

4. Do you have a garden? Flowers or veggies?

Yes...both! We moved here to a fully landscaped yard by the previous owners...soooo nice!

Every year we plant a vegetable garden...but don't usually get a lot from it. It's in a sandy location and requires much more watering (and weeding) than we remember to do!

Ooops.

5. When did you move out of your parents house?

For good?

When I graduated from college! During college I was back and forth with The Pal during the weekends...

So, I permanently moved out when I started renting a house after I graduated!

-----------------------------------------

You're turn now!!






Comments

  1. I have been told I handle emergency well and then once I know everything and everyone is going to be okay, have a complete breakdown.

    TGIF

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is crazy how many people just ignore ambulances! I had my tonsils taken out when I was young as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband is a fireman/ emt and it drives me crazy when people ignore them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm linked up at 27! I have so much with this linky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love reading your perspective on things as a nurse :) I especially enjoyed your story about being woozy when the pal got his stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wish my yard was fully landscaped! the previous owners had TONS of stupid bushes (ie spider nests!) so i made my husband pull them all up. we have pea gravel, with a nice border, and flagstone on the pea gravel... i'm in the process of collecting lots of LARGE terra cotta pots to paint & plant in. siiiiiiiiigh. i didn't know then how much a ton of pots would cost!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your little boy is feeling better after his operation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've tried the veggie route, but never very successful, so we only plant flowers now.
    Dianne @
    http://buterflydreamz.blogspot.com/2011/04/five-questions-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have a small garden but not yet develop my mom is thinking on making it beautiful by hiring a landscaper just sharing^^ Thanks! Our shrubs has no shape at all they look ugly and unpleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And the end of my cliffhanger goes something like this. I get in a fight with a nurse because they will not let me back to see Drew - I start crying and crying because this hospital is way "ghetto" to what I am used to and I just want to be in the room with my fiancee. I finally get back after a little discussion. Drew ends up needed breathing treatments and we head home about 2 hours after I get there with my FIL. Its like 1 am. At about 9am, Drew gets a call from his parents who are finally allowed to go (his FIL had kidney stones) and he goes and picks them up. It was quite the experience!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte