Thursday, April 28, 2011

Deep Conversations with Baby Girl:

Let me set the scene...I had walked away from my Babe, leaving her playing her bedroom, to dig through the massive mound of clean socks, in the living room, for a matching pair.

She, noticing I left, came in search of me...and this is how it went:

BG, from her room: "Mama?"

Me, down the hall, digging for socks: "What, baby?"

BG, from her doorway: "Mama?"

Me, still digging: "What, baby?"

BG, in the hallway: "Mama?"

Me, digging and digging: "What, baby?"

BG, from the kitchen: "Mama?"

Me...still digging: "What, baby?"

BG, farther into kitchen: "Mama? Where are you?"

Me...uh huh, still digging: "In here, baby."

BG, finding me in the living room: "Mama?"

Me...sweating, digging, cursing those blasted socks: "What, baby?"

BG: (big, long, puzzled, "I forgot what I was gonna say" pause) "Um...I love you!"

Me, beaming: "I love you too, baby."


  1. So stinkin' sweet! Just love her!!

  2. That is soo sweet! Its the moments like that I treasure the most. In the hustle of life I forget just how special and happy they can make me feel. Hope you are having a great day!

  3. My kids used to say that anytime they didn't remember what they were going to say (or decided it was too quiet and needed to say SOMETHING). :)

    The one thing I would want if I won the lottery is to never have to wash socks again. Just wear them and toss them. I hate folding socks!

  4. I love those moments! My little girl will say "Mommma, can I tell you a secret?" Then she will whisper "I love you" in my ear!

  5. I love it when they proclaim love out of no where! (It's even too stinkin' cute when they do it in the middle of punishment!)

  6. awwwwwww,love it! what a doll she is with her blonde locks and goregous blue eyes!

  7. With a cute little face like that, I'd let her follow me around and talk all day!

  8. This is precious! What a cutie!

  9. So sweet!

  10. Awwwwwww thats so precious! Love the picture too....such a cutie pie!

  11. LOL! We have those days here to! We also have to dig for socks! LOL! There is a basket dedicated to just the socks! I keep saying I am going to match them all and put them away....ummm....yeah, some day. Maybe when the kids are 18? LOL!


I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with long as they are respectful!


Related Posts with Thumbnails

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright 2010