Skip to main content

Four Days...and counting.


Four Days ago, my Belle complained of a headache and started running a fever.

I immediately thought meningitis.

The next day, she continued with the fever and headache and added a sore throat.

My diagnosis changed to strep throat.


Yesterday, the fever, headache, sore throat remained...and she added a cough and a general overall feeling of "malaise". In other words, she felt like crap.

I decided she had influenza.


Today, the fever/headache/sore throat/cough/malaise/"I feel like crap" continued...with the addition of lower abdominal pain, nausea, and vomiting.

And I feared appendicitis.


Oh, woe is the life a nurse/mama.

Tomorrow, if all is not better, I do believe we will be taking a trip to the doctor...although, as I type this, Hambone has crawled into my bed with puppy dog eyes, claiming, "Mama, my tummy hurts."

To top it off, there is a Winter Storm raging outside our walls. Not much snow, but lot's of ice. Could make that trip to the doctor a wee bit sketchy!

----------------------------------------------

In some brighter, more fun news...I just posted a CSN giveaway on my review blog! You know CSN, right? They who sell everything from wooden swing sets to power tools to baby gear. They've gotcha covered!

Comments

  1. Poor little one. I hope you find out what is making her so ill. I think even a non nurse mama would be thinking is it this? is it that? We fear the worst.
    Praying she has something that doesn't involve surgery or hospital stays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure is a pretty little thing. Hate to see her not feeling well. Hope she gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geezlaweez! Can't catch a break! :( Hope she feels better soon and Hambone doesn't have such a long streak of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man I'm sorry for her! Brayden (my 2 year old) just got over a 5 day stomach virus! It was HORRIBLE. I kept telling my DH "his insides just want to be on his outsides." Poor dears. Sick babies are no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is it with all the sickness going around! We have strep in the house and not liking it at all! I hope Belle and your family feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww! hope she feels better! you remind me of what ill be like as a mama bc this is how i overanalyze myself ... can't imagine what i'll be like with kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This bug is everywhere. My office, my home, church, the stores. I have decided to lock all the doors and windows and keep the family locked in. The worse we shall get on top of the crap is cabin fever.

    Hope she feels better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry they aren't feeling well! It took a full two weeks for the flu to rage through and leave our house. Hopefully you don't all get sick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor thing(s). Hope it goes away NOW! We're finishing up a weird bug here at our house. Something like the flu with no "production" if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte