Skip to main content

Holiday Gift Guide Blog Hop! Week 1...Children's Books


Welcome to our Holiday Gift Guide Blog Hop! Where, for the next 7 weeks, we'll have a different "theme" and post our most favorite gifts (or ideas) for the Holidays! (And by "we", I mean "YOU and me"!)

Photobucket





No idea what to get for Grandpa Joe this year? Wondering what Grandma Mae could possibly need? Looking for something "homemade" to give to a loved one?

Well, you've come to the right place, because those are just a few of the themes we'll have over the next 7 weeks! (Yup...that's right...just over 7 weeks until Christmas is upon us!!)

This week's theme, while quite specific, is the idea that got this whole thing started, "Children's Books...Hidden Gems". I love finding new books for my kiddos that aren't your typical "Goodnight Moon" and "Where the Wild Things Are" (two fabulous books...but EVERYBODY knows that!!).

Whenever I am in need of a gift to give to a kiddo, I know I can never go wrong with a good book...books are the gifts that keep on giving! Cuddle time, fostering imagination, establishing great reading skills...books are amazing!

So, without further ado, here are my "Hidden Gems":

A Favorite "Go-To" book of our kiddos:

Bear Snores On
by
Karma Wilson

The story of a bear, hibernating while his friends

Party on without him!

Clearly, a loved book. It is now held together by mailing tape!!


Next up...and probably MY favorite, is:

I Love My Little Story Book
by
Anita Jeram


A wonderful, gentle little book,

With whimsical, fairytale drawings,

Replete with a princess, a giant and even a lion...

They have a party in this book, too! And, it's the best party ever!


And, finally...not really a "hidden" gem, but I had to throw it in because I feel that if everyone in the whole wide world owned this book, we would all be better because of it:

Love You Forever
by
Robert Munsch

A "classic", this book is sure to make you tear up. A "coming of life" story about a mama,

And the song she sings to her baby,

Even sneaking into his house when he is all grown up.


The ending is where you'll need to break out the Kleenex for sure!

A recap...Bear Snores On, I Love my Little Story Book, and Love You Forever...my "hidden gems" for you to share with your favorite little people!

And THAT wraps up Week 1 of the Holiday Gift Guide! Link up your post here...I'm looking forward to discovering more wonderful books!



Comments

  1. I think Linky might be messed up. It's in the middle of your "Love You Forever" pictures...at least it is on my screen.

    Great books! Can't wait to check out the bear one! Love You Forever is a classic in my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have all of thoe and LOVE them!! We actually have all of the Bear books in that series and they are all wonderful!!!

    My friend and I just started a new book blog. Please stop by and check us out!

    http://books2bridgemiles.blogspot.com/2010/11/mitten-and-hats-from-washington.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH!!! I cannot get through Love you Forever without crying! I LOVE that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you forever makes me cry...and I don't even have children of my own yet!! Your "don't knwo what to get Grandpa Joe" made think of him on Willy Wonka!! too funny! I am so excited about these gift ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks!! I cannot read Love You Forever without crying. My kids always laugh at me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you are Mama M...must have hit the K on accident!! It's fixed now..haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You betcha you can be our MN stop!!! I'm so glad you volunteered! I didn't have anyone in Minnesooooota that I could send Stanley to. Hooray! Love this meme. Really- too cool! Didja like that I called you my totally pythony friend?!? Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Bear Snores On. I have never heard of I Love My Little Story Book, so I'll have to give that a try. And I thought I liked I Love You Forever, but when I bought it for my kids I realized that I didn't like the creepy stalker mom climbing in her kid's window at night. That was just weird. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have "Bear Snores On" memorized:) We LOVE it. Have you read "Bear Wants More?" Same characters, but it's springtime and Bear is done hibernating and ready to eat! ;)
    Love,
    C:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all great stories! Over at A Story Before Bed (http://www.astorybeforebed.com)they have some well done stories and their service allows you to record yourself reading the story on the site and then your favorite child can watch or read along on the computer. Its perfect for grandparents far away. Also they're doing a giveaway where Santa will record a personalized story for your child for free! (http://www.astorybeforebed.com/santa)

    Great post! Enjoy your holiday season :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte