Skip to main content

Whew!! It sure is late for a Date!


Was dead tired earlier...then, like seems to be the pattern, 11:30 hits and I'm all bright eyed and bushy tailed! So, while I was going to wait to post our Date of the Week, tomorrow...I'm doin' it now!

Rebelling against my own rules.

Busy weekend...work, bachelorette party (for which I forgot my camera), work, birthday party (for which I remembered my camera), drooling over the new Nikon D7000 and trying to figure out how on earth I'm gonna get my hands it.

Dear God: I'm not opposed to money growing on trees. Or large windfalls of money. Or, heck, just drop a Nikon D7000 out of the sky and onto my head and I'll be happy as a clam.

I've got an "official" title for the upcoming wedding of my BIL and his fiancee...I am (drum roll please...) the "Candid Photographer"! I love having official titles...and I am soooooo excited to have a reason to snap gobs of photos of everyone and hone my skills!!

Hence, the coveting of the D7K...maybe I'll just rent a camera for the night.

Yikes...I've gotta stop ramblin' and get this Date going!!

I'd like to take this time to introduce Karla, from:

Ramblin' Roads


I am a cherished wife, blessed mother of two, and an experienced home educator. I love to read, write, and occupy the passenger seat on road trips. Life is an adventure! Come ride along!

Karla has an animal loving daughter (and has now given me something to put on the list of things my children would love) and recently went on a wild moose chase (yup, you read that right) and discovered, if you give a moose a pear, chances are he'll keep wandering around the neighborhood looking for more. ;)

Head on over to pay Karla a visit...and tell her Mama sent you!!

Comments

  1. How convienent you forgot your camera at the bachelorette party ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your camera takes fine pictures! I'd rent some nice lenses before I rented a camera body. Although, I can totally empathize, since I'm still shooting with a Canon Rebel XT (yeah, that'd be 2nd generation there! LOL!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. "A wild moose chase!" I love that better than the title I came up with: "Mr. Moose Goes to Town." Oh, well... my 17yo was tickled with it. The whole thing was pretty funny... and can you believe the silly moose was still wandering the neighborhood the next day? I don't know when (or if) he wandered back to the hills!

    Thanks for choosing me for your "date"!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte