Skip to main content

Sunday Date Night!


Hey friends! It's Sunday, and we all know that that means it's time for a date! While my newly returned, and incredibly missed husband/daddy snoozes with our babes, I thought I'd throw up a quick Date post!

I feel extremely selfish...for missing my husband as much as I did when he was just away for a few days...when so many of you selflessly "loan" your husbands (and wives) to us to protect our country for much, much longer than that.

Once again, thank you...thank you for the sacrifices you ALL make to defend our freedoms.

I'm gonna stop now, before I cry all over my keyboard and ruin my computer. This whole prednisone/Aunt Flo combo is the PITS! I tell you...it is awful. I am a teary, emotional wreck...but hopefully on the down swing of this!

Sorry. I won't bore you with that anymore! BUT...I will show you some of my favorite photos from an impromptu photo shoot with my favorite 5 year old...


Now...

Onto our Date!

This week's Date is:
Wow being healthy is hard! As a beginner I am still learning, and no where near being an expert. Taking it day by day, and changing not so good habits. I hope you will join me in finding ways on living healthier! Check out my healthy and maybe not so healthy recipes.

Angie currently has a recipe on her latest post that looks DELISH! And, so...yeah...it has cilantro, and I'm a sucker for anything with cilantro in it, but it looks YUM, I tell you...YUM!! Her blog is full of healthy information, guest blog posts by health professionals, and encouragement!

Stop on by, pay Angie a visit...and tell her Mama sent you!

Have a fabulous night, my friends...I'm off to steal my husband away for a little of my own snuggle time with him!


Comments

  1. He is so handsome! Love that cute face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home, Mr. Wonderful. That is indeed a handsome five-year-old. Thanks for keeping up with the Date. I'm off to check out Angie's blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that last photo...My son was in the gulf and was supposed to come home for 2 weeks, but instead they sent him straight to Japan boohoo :o(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos! I adore the last one...cracked me up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooohhh Eeee! Thanks for the date! I am blushing from all this attention.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Mama, you too?? predinsone and Aunt Flo??? Arghhh! What's are the chances of that! hahaha, but seriously, it stinks!

    The pictures are gorgeous!

    Can't wait to check out our date!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte