Skip to main content

Oh boy.



Or, I guess what I mean is: "Oh girl, oh girl, oh girl, oh girl, girl, girl, girl, girl!!!"


Yes. Girl x 8. It's what I'm doing this afternoon. The Belle is having her "Friend Birthday Party"...which means I will be the sole guardian of 8 little girls, at a hotel pool, for 4 hours. When I spoke with one of the mom's and told her the times I was planning, she said, "Oh. REALLY? Are you sure you want them that long?!"

And I panicked. I started stuttering and stammering, "Wha'? Well...what??? Do you think that's too long?! You've done it before, am I gonna go crazy?????"

Then she tried to cover her tracks..."Oh, only 4 hours? Well, I'm sure it'll be fine." I really think she meant this: "Muwahahahahaha!!! You poor unsuspecting sap!! Good luck to YOU!!!! They'll eat you aliiiiiivvvvveeeeee!!!!"

So, now I'm nervous. And unprepared. I think I was trying to pretend I really wasn't gonna do it, or something.

*squeak* Help.

Please...pray for me, wish me luck, cross your fingers, rub my head...anything. In case you are wondering what I'm afraid of, let me list them out for you:
  • Losing my hearing from all of the shrieking.
  • Afraid of suddenly speaking 9 year old "valley girl" speak. "Like, oh my gosh!!"
  • Losing my mind.
  • Losing my hearing.
  • Losing my sanity.
  • Tearing out my hair.
  • Drowning myself in whiskey.
  • Losing my hearing.
And that's my short list.


Comments

  1. You'll be fine. Before you know it the four hours will be over and it will be just a memory. PS. Pack Tylenol and earplugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll do fine. The time will go by so fast. But never do a sleep over party. Those are the one's that really drive you to want to drink LOL. That was *almost* the wildest night of my life. We have never had another.

    The worse party ever though:
    My daughter begged for a skating party. I always said no I was always afraid a child would fall and break something. I finally gave in a couple years back. The party went so smooth, then at the end a little girl fell. And GUESS WHAT? Sure enough broke her arm. I felt horrible.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll have a pool. I'm assuming you'll have snacks. And birthday cake.

    It'll all be good. Later this evening you'll wonder why you worried so. Promise.

    On the other hand, if you'd planned to have them for four hours at YOUR HOME...then I'd be feeling sorry for you. Four hours would be too long for that sort fo thing. Unless you have a well-loaded iPod with great ear buds, no peripheral vision, and a great maid service on call. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. just be thankful it 8 girls and not 8 boys! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a brave lady!!!! But I think you will be fine. 8 year old girls can pretty much entertain themselves. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. With your sense of humor you'll be fine...just laugh it off! (:>)

    Seriously though...you can handle it.

    It will be fun to read how it went...so do a post about it later!

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally get it. I have half that at any point with my four girls. Sometimes I wish it was legal to wear earplugs while driving....

    At least you can take solace in the fact that blogging doesn't depend on good hearing! :)

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Need a hokey joke to get you through? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte