Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 9/24/10


Before I say anything more...I need to wish my Dad a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Looking forward to kielbasa, french fries, and corn on the cob. ;) Love ya!!

Carrying on...

Um...did anyone see where the last week went? No, scratch that...did any see where September went? Holy Hannah!! It's almost the end of September, and I still feel like it shouldn't be any later than June!


I mean, didn't the kids just get out of school? Certainly they can't already be nearly a month into the new school year already, can they?!

Anyway, if anyone finds my lost time, will you please return it? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Sooooooo glad it's Friday! So, so, so glad! Oh, and even more glad that I came home to a clean house! I have the best husband in the whole world. He's a saint...and I am one blessed woman!

Let's get this 5QF show on the road!

Welcome, everyone, to 5QF!! If you've never played along, join in the fun!! You'll enjoy it, I promise...pinky swear promise!

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then c'mon back (tomorrow morning) to link up!! Feel free to leave your answers in the comments below if you don't have a blog!

Questions for Friday, September 24th: (Special thanks to Colleen [no blog], inspiration from Pam, Tiffany, Angelina, and Jill for their question suggestions! If YOU would like to be linked in a future 5QF, c'mon over to my community and offer up your best question suggestions!!)

1. If you could speak with a different accent, what would it be (i.e Australian, Scottish)?

2. Can you fall asleep anywhere? (i.e floor, couch, deck)

3. Do you use public restrooms? If so, do you sit on the toilet?

4. If you were stuck in an elevator for 24 hours, what celebrity would you most want to be stuck with?

5. Where did you & your significant other go on your 1st date?

---------------------------------------------

1. If you could speak with a different accent, what would it be (i.e Australian, Scottish)?

I would love, love, love to have...well...any accent other than this goofy Fargo-esque MinneSOOOOOta accent that I have.

I do think, however, that a fancy Scottish brogue...or a hip Aussie accent...or, gee...even a nice English accent would be nice.

Mr. Wonderful spent 5 months Australia, before I knew him. Oh *groan* what I would do now to hear him talk with the Aussie accent he came back with.

*blushing*

*fans self*

*swoons*

*takes cold shower*

Ahem...yeah. That'd've been awesome.

2. Can you fall asleep anywhere? (i.e floor, couch, deck)

Uh uh.

Nope.

No way.

No how.

It's impossible. I've gotta be in my bed, snuggled under the covers, nice and warm. Can't fall asleep with the kids, can't fall asleep on the couch, certainly can't fall asleep on the deck.

If only. Gosh...that sounds dreamy. (Pun intended.)

3. Do you use public restrooms? If so, do you sit on the toilet?

Well, yes. I do.

I have 5 kids, and on any given outing, it's likely that I'll hear "I need to go potty!!!!" several times, and while I'm certainly not against having my kiddos pee on the tire of the van (or, you know...at those of my kids that actually can pee on a tire...), at some point I usually have to take one (or five) of them potty.

No, I lied. My 14 year old is self sufficient. He takes himself potty.

When I, myself, find the "urge" calling...I hover. 'Cept I'm finding that the old thigh muscles aren't what they used to be and it's getting harder and harder to perch myself the couple of inches above the toilet seat.

It's hard getting old. It means you actually hafta sit on public toilets.

Grody.

4. If you were stuck in an elevator for 24 hours, what celebrity would you most want to be stuck with?

Oh gosh. Um...hmmmmm...

Lemme think. *thinking*

While I'd like to say some hunky movie star...I wouldn't. I've got all the hunk I need in my Mr.

So, I'm gonna go with a comedian. Someone who would keep my laughing and entertained and completely fun to be stuck with for 24 hours.

But...I don't really know who to say...Ellen? Jay Leno? Jim Gaffigan? (Is he a celeb?) That Chelsea Lately chick?

I dunno...I don't keep up with pop culture. Maybe I should just pick some hunky movie star. It'd be so much eas...

STEVE CARRELL!!!!

That's it.

End of story.

5. Where did you & your significant other go on your 1st date?

Awww...warm fuzzy memories forthcoming...

We went to a nice little restaurant called "D.B. Searle's", where I ordered a Chicken Cesar Salad and declared it to be the perfect first date meal...not messy, girly, fills you up without making you look like a pig.

Self conscious much?

Funny story about our first date...

After I tried on every imaginable outfit I had, I was waiting for him to come pick me up (late, as is his style...) when about the time he should have been there, my roommate and I hear this obnoxious, overly loud, bass thumpin' music comin' down the road.

I shot her a look that said, "OH, don't even tell me!!!" and my "perfect bubble" of the good ol' country boy burst. But, it reformed shortly thereafter when the bass thumpin' car kept on going, and a few minutes later my date showed up, handsome as can be...and sans annoying music!!

Praise the Lord!! I'm not sure I could've gone on that date, had that music been from him!

----------------------------------------

And that, my friends, wraps up this week's edition of Five Question Friday!!


Comments

  1. MMMMM.....Kielbasa - pregnant Polish Girl here - now I know what I'm having for dinner.

    I love, love, love the Minnesota accent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's smart to pick a comedian to be stuck with! Why didn't I think of that? I have two friends, one from Minnesota and the other from Boston, love listening to them both! Their accents are so much better than my slightly Southern drawl! Happy Friday and I agree, the week flew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, you have a "real" date memory!

    Steve Carrell....excellent choice! That would definitely be entertaining!

    I am seriously wondering where this whole YEAR has gone! I cannot believe we are only 3 MONTHS away from Christmas! Gah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe we both chose Steve Carrell as our elevator buddies. That's hilarious, but I love that guy! Time only flies faster and faster the older we get. Not only does 5QF seem to come every other day, but the hoidays are beginning to snowball, too! Next week marks the end of the first six weeks of school around these parts (we still start before Labor Day); and that means only 5 more six weeks to go before school is out & the weather has barely cooled off from summer time-sheesh! It's almost October and I still have my a/c on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Friday! And Happy Birthday to your dad! Great choice on the elevator question. You wouldn't get bored!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again love your answers and your questions and your blog!! Ok so I am totally the president of your fan club!! Oh you didn't know you had a fan club?? Well duhh because I think you are fabulous I will start one right now...anyone?!!

    There see..fan club and I am number 1 in it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always think it's kinda cool when our answers are fairly similar. We should hang out.

    Except I'm not much of a kielbasa girl.

    And I think your accent is cool! I'm just boring, plain ol' blah blah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to agree, if I were stuck in an elevator, I would rather be with a comedian!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 24 hrs in an elevator-I would go old school and get MacGyver. I would need somewhere to go potty or it could be a flood.
    Thanks for picking my question-first time poster. No time for a blog with 3 kids and having just completed my PhD.
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, well I already speak with a “fancy Scottish brogue” as you call it! :) I am proud of my Glasgow accent, and, on several occasions, a few of my bloggy friends from ‘across the pond’ have asked me to do a vlog post so that they can hear my dulcet Weegie tones! I fully intend to fulfil their request… one day… soon… I promise!!… ;)

    Have a great weekend!!

    Annette
    www.mammakerr.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all, I now want some kielbasa! (I MUST be feeling better...woot!!) :)

    We went and saw Ron White last weekend and he is hilarious, I just about peed my pants...several times. Anyway, another good comedian to add to your list. :)

    I wish I could fall asleep anywhere too AND I wish I could "cat nap" When I nap I need a good couple hours or I'm more crabby than I was to start off!

    Have a great weekend girlie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey! Kate can have two pockets, right? Besides, I think we'd all have tons of fun together! And I can find a joke book - sans oranges. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved your answers, too funny! Good thinking on the comedian I might have to steal that one from you. I too hover, but there see definitely times when it feels more like a workout then just going to the bathroom LOL! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello!
    I'm a new follower of your blog and i would love if you could follow me back! I just started my blog and totally new to all this stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte