Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 9/17/10


Ahhhhhhhhh *big sigh of relief*...it's the weekend!!


I've got some birthday shopping to do, a trip to the MOA written (very lightly) in pencil, and a birthday party this weekend! Should keep me busy, dontcha think?

A brand spankin' new Super WalMart opened along the route I take home from work...I just had to stop and check it out. Well, and my friend/co-worker/car pooler might have needed diapers. But I was still excited, nonetheless...is that weird?

I don't want it to be weird, so please say no. Thank you.

Anywhoodles...welcome to Five Question Friday! Only the easiest, peasiest, funnest blog hop in the blogosphere!! (I will not guarantee that last statement. It is strictly IMO...but I think you'll agree!!) ;)

Rules for Five Question Friday: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then c'mon back (on Friday am) to link up! I would love it if you'd link back to me...but it is not a requirement!

If you don't have a blog, but still wanna play along...leave your answers in the comments below!

Questions for Friday, September 17th: (Special thanks to Valerie, Katie, Sandy, Pam, andAnn for their question suggestions! I'd like to link YOU in a future 5QF, so c'mon over to my community and offer up your best question suggestions!)

1. What is the first nightmare you remember?

2. Even if you're not a sports fan, what's your favorite sport to play/watch?

3. If you could pull off one piece of trendy fashion, what would you want it to be (jeggings, hats, thigh high boots, etc.)?

4. Did you make good grades in school?

5. What magazines do you subscribe to?

-----------------------------------------------

1. What is the first nightmare you remember?

Hmmmmm...this is a hard one. I am a vivid dreamer. Sometimes, I dream dreams that are so realistic, that I have to really think to make sure they didn't happen.

I've been known to say things like, "Oh, so how was your vacation to the Netherlands?" to someone, only to have them look at me like I just had an alien burst out of my belly and they'll say, "Huh? I didn't go to the Netherlands." and then I'll dip my head in embarrassment and say, "Oh, ah...I must've dreamed it."

It's kind of a curse.

Anyway...I once had a dream about circus monkeys...only I'm not sure if it was a nightmare.

It happened a long time ago, and I've since developed a fear of freaky monkeys (which "Toy Story 3" did not help...), so I've now categorized that dream as a nightmare.

Stoopid monkeys.

2. Even if you're not a sports fan, what's your favorite sport to play/watch?

I would not call myself a sports fan...but I do love to watch me some good old fashioned baseball!

Partly, because, I get it. I get balks and strikes and tagging up. It's a fairly straight forward sport (although, I still can not, for the life of me, wrap my head around this whole "walk off" deal. Can someone, other than my 14 year old impatient son, explain the whole "walk off" scenario to me? Please?).

Football I don't get. Yards and off sides and lines of scrimmage and flags...bah!! It's just too much for me.

Hockey is the same. And soccer?! Let's not even go there.

So, yes...baseball it is!

Go Twins!!! (And holy Hannah...Joe Mauer is on my top 5 list. Don't tell him though, 'cuz he'd probably throw up a little in his mouth if he heard that. Let's just keep it between you and I, okay?) ;)

3. If you could pull off one piece of trendy fashion, what would you want it to be (jeggings, hats, thigh high boots, etc.)?

All of the above, please?

I think I would say hats tho. Hats look goofy on me, always have, always will. I think my noggin' is just too big, and hats accentuate the largess-ness of my melon.

I would, however, like the mile long legs that go along with pulling off "jeggings" (Sandy, is that a typo...or are we talking about "jean leggings"?), thigh high boots, and skinny jeans.

Yes...sign me up for that...then I can pull off the "look at my hot legs" trends that are happenin'. As it is...my short, stubby gams do not need attention drawn to them. They are happy to take the back burner, thankyouverymuch.

4. Did you make good grades in school?

Meh. I was average. Just like with everything else.

I can never get fabulous deals on clothes, 'cuz it seems like the rest of the world wears the same size as me. And shoes? Fuhgeddaboutit. You, me, and the rest of the free world must wear a size 8.

Not only can I NOT get shoes on sale...but if I find a killer shoe that I love, they're almost always out of my size.

Same with grades. I was a B student. I totally didn't apply myself...AT. ALL. in high school OR in college.

I'm what you'd call "a good test taker". I can rock a "multiple guess" test like you couldn't believe.

5. What magazines do you subscribe to?

Currently, none. Although I'm a sucker for a magazine stand People every Friday.

Recently, thanks to my awesome friend Dr. J's wonderful hubby, I received InStyle for a year. THAT was fun...all the fashion...

Totally made me want to have mile long legs and wear size 6 shoes. Nothin' like a fashion magazine to make a girl's insecurties go crazy!

But, it was so fun to look through those!

Oh...NO!! WAIT!!! I just remembered...we DO subscribe to a magazine!!

Are you ready for this?!

Wait for it...

...

...

Highlights!! Gah!! How could I have almost forgotten?!

--------------------------------------------------

Thanks for playing along!! Time to linky up!


Comments

  1. You don't want to wear size 6. I wear size 6 and it is impossible to find shoes. Seriously. It's like they start making them in 7's or something. Even the size 6 sections are so much smaller!

    We just had a new Walmart open near us. It's a Super center and huge. We drive by it almost every day and on opening day it was crazy how many people were there and still there at 8 at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A walk off is when the home team scores a run in the 9th inning that allows them to walk off the field as winners before all three outs are done. So, if it's a tie game and someone gets a home run, it's called a walk off home run because the team walks off the field and the game is over! Hope that makes sense! :)
    And about Joe Mauer - he's on my list, too! I don't know if you watched the game last night, but they were running Lifetime Fitness commercials that featured him lifting all kinds of different weights. He was all buff and showing off his muscles and... excuse me. I think I need a minute (or 20)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah! Can you believe I remembered to link up today?!

    Um, new Super Walmart? How totally fab is that?! We have one that is only a couple of years old and it's the most bestest one in probably 200 miles!

    I have a too-big-for-hats head too. We can totally hang out hatless and commiserate. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeggings are new this year I think. I just bought a pair. Not sure yet if I pull it off, but I'm gonna try. They are leggings that look like jeans and are made with a jean like material. Tho not quite as thick. I will post a pic if I find a shirt to go with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Highlights.. you crack me up.. we get baby animal.. which is like the baby version of ranger rick LOL

    Just wanted to tell ya so sorry I am missing the 5QF train AGAIN.. slacker!! I am going to be a godmommy for the second time today so I am headed up to the hospital.. much love though and I pinky promise I will be back next week!!

    Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yo Yo M! Jeggings is NOT a typo. It's widely used in the high fashionista world that I live in (i.e. Target, Meijer, WalMart, JCPenney, etc.) I'm really not a fan of the word, and they kind of remind me of the freaky acid wash jeans of the 80's....but I digress....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha, I can guarantee I'm not the one stealing your size 8's... I don't think I've purchased a new pair of shoes in like 4 years. Jeggings freak me out and send me back to the days of 6th grade when I was the chubbiest girl in the class and my mom thought putting me in stretch jeans with elastic waists would be a good idea... and covering my mini-muffintop with over-sized Looney Toons tshirts tied in a knot on one side. *shudder* Maybe I'm going to amend my earliest nightmare to THAT. No jeggings for this girl. In that vein of logic: why do they make skinny jeans in size 24 months? Really? Do they not realize what baby butts in diapers look like? Do they not realize it's torture to put a baby in skinny jeans especially when most moms of 24-month olds can't wear skinny jeans themselves? Seriously? Cruel. And freaky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Highlights! Hahahaha. Love it.

    and yes, whoever came up with skinny jeans for babies obviously does NOT have a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you on hats. That was my answer too.

    Yes, jeggings are the terrible name someone came up with for jean leggings.

    It's not so easy finding shoes when your feet are on the large side either! They don't stock as many in your size, so DSW often doesn't have any size 10s left. It's a sad, sad situation. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! I agree! 5QF is the easiest, peasiest, funnest blog hop in the blogosphere!! Without a doubt! :)

    However, I must disagree with you on one point - you are by no means "an average gal"!! You are one in a million super-duper unique and very very entertaining!! Furthermore, let me give your blog an A+ :)

    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    Annette
    www.mammakerr.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, #1 certainly explains why my childhood "lovey" freaked you out (tee hee hee); My sports answer is almost identical to yours although I don't even watch enough baseball to have wondered what the walk off was all about--I just sell hot dogs for the band booster club at the Ballpart and get all excited when the crowd goes wild (even though I have no idea why they're going wild). I don't subscribe to magazines either, not even Highlights. But I probably have a stack of them that dates back to the early 2000's collecting dust on my bookself! (don't laugh at that...it is SAD!). Have a great "party" weekend. -E

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really don't like jeggings, but I wish I had the legs to be able to pull them off. You have to have toothpicks to pull them off!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hockey is the sport that I don't get. And, I've tried!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Friday! I'm a new follower and this is my first time to join your blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love me some football and baseball... Not much of a fashion gal and we get Highlights at our house too

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have those same kinds of dreams! They're just too real. Just a couple of days ago I found myself asking my Mom if she recalls my Dad lining 40 -50 crab legs neatly on a cookie sheet in the kitchen and carrying them to the living.

    The answer would be no. Dream! Glad to know I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Where is the $400 you owe me? That wasn't a dream you know ;-)

    Jeggings are an awful fashion trend. Worse than skinny jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hats must be the IN thing NOT to wear? Hehehe... That was my answer too. :)

    Maybe we should both go hat shopping and try 'em again. No, wait... never mind. :)

    Take care!
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  19. I totally have the same dream curse!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte