Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 9/10/10


Yippee!! It's Friday! And, while I wasn't able to "coerce" the Mr. into staying home today to work on house stuff, we have the whole weekend without any real concrete plans!


Can you say "RELAX"?!

Ahhhhhh...feels good just thinking about it.

Thank you ALL for your encouraging words, positive thoughts and, most of all, prayers! I wish I could hug each and every one of you...unless you're not a hugger, in which case, I'd just give you a high five. I'd hate to make you uncomfortable.

You all brought a much needed smile to my face! I think my children thought that Glenda the Good Mother had been replaced by the Wicked Mother of the West.

Poor things.

Anywhoodles...let's get this Five Question Friday show on the road!!

Rules for Five Question Friday: Same as always!! Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then c'mon back and link up (on Friday!). If you don't have a blog, but wanna play along with the coolest blog hop in town, feel free to leave your answers in the comments below!

Questions for Friday, September 10th: (Special thanks to Minivan Mommy, Chrissy, Lily, Lil' Momma, and [inspiration] from Sandy for their question suggestions! If YOU would like to be linked in a future 5QF, c'mon over to my community and offer up your best question suggestions!)

1. Do you feel guilty spending money on yourself?

2. How well do you know your neighbors?

3. What age are you looking forward to being?

4. Do you get excited when the mail comes? Why?

5. What is your earliest childhood memory?

------------------------------------------------

1. Do you feel guilty spending money on yourself?

Er...yeah.

I do. I also feel guilty (kinda) when my husband spends money on me. One year, for Christmas, he got me a pair of Uggs (*gasp*!! The weather! I can dig my Uggs out!!) that I had been drooling over.

I loved those Uggs like they came from my womb. I smelled them, and petted them, and I may or may not have swaddled them like a baby and sang lullabies to them.

You can't prove it.

But, then my guilt crept in...and I was thinking of all the things I could buy with that money.

And I returned them.

2. How well do you know your neighbors?

What are these "neighbors" that you speak of? Like, Canadians?

'Cuz, I don't really know too much about them. Other than they seem to like maple trees, live for hockey, have awesome people like Kate there, and I love to eat their walleye.

We are country bumpkin's, my friends! We don't really have neighbors. Well, we do. But I don't know them.

No, I take that back. My aunt and uncle's property butts up to ours...so, I guess we know one of our neighbors really well...and the others not so much.

Although, my husband helps clear snow out of the elderly neighbors across the road's driveway. (Whoa. Something about that last sentence makes me think my English prof would've needed a whole pack of red pens to correct it.)

3. What age are you looking forward to being?

I totally do not want this to come out sounding wrong...but, here goes...

I can not wait to be "Grandmother Age". Let's do a little math...say, The Pal gets married and has his first baby at 28, I'll be 47.

But, I'd be okay with him having a baby at 25. I wanna be a young grandma...not TOO young, but young and fun.

I want to enjoy my grandbabies as much as I can. Sleep overs, grandma days, baking cookies, reading books, and lot's and lot's of snuggling.

Yes..."Grandmother age" is where it's at.

All play and no work.

Or something. ;)

4. Do you get excited when the mail comes? Why?

You know...I do.

And I have no idea why.

I think it started at a very early age, when, perhaps, I was waiting for my "Special Edition Purple Pie Man" from the Smurfs to arrive in the mail and all I could do was sit at the mailbox and pick at my toenails while I waited day after day after day for it to arrive.

The anticipation.

It carried through.

When the mail comes, I happily skip out to the box...I'm not sure if I'm still expecting the Purple Pie Man, or what...but it never fails...I get excited.

And then I see the bills.

5. What is your earliest childhood memory?

I have one of those freaky, super young memories. Well, you know...not of the birth canal or anything.

Geez...not THAT young.

When I was about a year and a half, we lived with my grandparents for a bit. I can vividly remember my big brother, who would've been 4 1/2, pulling me out of the crib by my arms.

Now...if I remember correctly, I was told he did do this, but there aren't any photos or anything that would have made me "create" that memory!

So...my only thought is that it must be a legit memory.

In which case, I most certainly must be a genius, right?

Ahem...right?

That's what I thought. ;)

---------------------------------------

It's linky time!!


Comments

  1. So happy to hear you are feeling better. You should definitely be relaxing this weekend!

    I constantly tell my parents I wish I was their grandchild - it is so much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh you will be a very young grandmother! As always your answers made me chuckle bright and early this a.m. Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the mail, too! It's probably my favorite time of the day. Except the bills, of course. I am also looking forward to "grandmother age", but I don't even have kids yet, so we will see about that.
    Thanks for the great hop! Have a great weekend! :)
    ~Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love reading your answer.

    Get the Uggs back you deserve them.

    Take care. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Expecting a package then you get the bills! Oh yeah the bills. Geez. Fun answers. :) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. woman, go buy yourself some uggs! it was a christmas gift! :) if it makes you feel better, tell yourself its rude to return gifts. ;) especially ones you like!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am totally imagining you skipping out to the mailbox today to get your gc that should be arriving today from the TS blog contest :) I love mail too-especially when it is something fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for picking my question =) would you mind linking my name? I haven't figured out all this blog stuff yet so my link isn't listed under my name in my blogfrog posts, grrr...

    http://imaminivanmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, I forgot to mention in my post that I am currently having guilt over a purchase that has not even happened yet! HAHA My Hubbie wants to buy me a new purse today, and I am fighting him on it. HAHA Silly women... Ah well..

    Love your mail answer! Purple pie... smurfs... Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. I second the Uggs. Go buy yourself some. You work so hard. I had to learn how to graciously accept gifts from the hubby. I remember getting mad when he bought me a lovely tanzanite ring. I've changed now. Bring on the gifts....I know now it is more blessed to give than receive. We don't want to rob our hubbies of a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait for the relaxing weekend myself! Enjoy!
    You do have a freaky, super young memory, mine was 4 - how sad huh?
    You know I've never even tried on uggs, I might need too! And you should get your back!
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait for the relaxing weekend myself! Enjoy!
    You do have a freaky, super young memory, mine was 4 - how sad huh?
    You know I've never even tried on uggs, I might need too! And you should get your back!
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was visiting some friends who haven't seen my kids in ages, and I was updating them on how old my kids are. I mentioned that I had an assignment where I had to look ahead 10 years and it dawned on me that both of my kids would be grown and gone off to college! I felt all giddy and sad at the same time. Then the friend mentioned, "And you could be a grandmother." I think I almost fainted. I'm certainly not going to be like Shirley Maclaine in Terms of Endearment where she didn't want her grandchildren to call her "Grandma" but I thought to myself I'm not ready for that! Then again, when I think that grands will be the next "babies" I get, I do feel excited about the prospect. I like your outlook on it. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't have my girls until I was 32 so..... I don't wanna be a Granny 'til I'm at least 57!!.. 19 years away!!... :)

    Annette
    www.mammakerr.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your answers are just priceless. LOVE them.

    Have a great weekend of relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
  16. New follower! http://ready2gethealthy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have the freakishly early, clear memories as well. It scares people. :) Especially cousins who mistreated me when I was so much younger and smaller than them... mwah-ha-ha (that's my evil laugh).

    www.mymusingsd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm loving reading other peoples answers!

    Here's mine: http://anonlyslightlycrazymama.blogspot.com/2010/09/five-question-friday.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte