Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 5/7/10


Well, my friends...it's cold. F-f-f-f-f-f-reezing, here!

I'm trying to pretend the Weather Channel app I have is lying to me, and that we aren't actually going to get snow. *crossing fingers*

I am totally pumped that it is Friday! We were gonna get our garden ready this weekend...but, with the fantastic weather we have headed our way (note heavy sarcasm), that'll be delayed.


However...it IS time for Five Question Friday! Yippee!! Yee haw! Woo hoo!!

If you've never played along...here's whatcha need to know:

Rules for Five Question Friday: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog, answer them, then c'mon back to link up! If you'd like, you can grab the Mcklinky blog hop code! I would be your best friend (small Twitter joke there) if you'd link back to me, Mama M.!

If you don't have a blog, feel free to answer the questions in the comments of this post, or any post along the way!

Question time!

Questions for Friday, May 7th: (Thanks to Renee, Sandy, Erika, Pam, and Robin for their question suggestions! Wanna be linked in a future 5QF? Just c'mon over to my community and offer up your best question suggestions!)

1. What is your worst memory of your siblings?

2. What was YOUR naughtiest childhood memory? (Must be something YOU did, no pawning it off on someone else!)

3. Where do you like to go to relax?

4. What was the last thing you won?

5. If you could be on a game show, which would you choose?

--------------------------------------

1. What is your worst memory of your siblings?

Hmmm...lemme think...could it be the incessant teasing by my older brother?

"Mo-OM! He's putting my name in songs again!" "Mo-OM! He's flicking me!" "Mo-OM! He's doing Johnny Houston to my (fake) Cabbage Patch doll!" (inside joke...)

Nah...not that...gives us stuff to laugh about now!

I think...my worst memory would have to be, when my little brother (aka "Treehorn") fell and cracked his forhead open on the counter of the kitchen cabinet.

I was home from school. Saw him fall, turned to look and still...to this day...can see the rivulets of blood running down his face!

Poor kid.

2. What was YOUR naughtiest childhood memory? (Must be something YOU did, no pawning it off on someone else!)

Oh...gosh. The very first thing that comes to mind...oh, this is so bad...please don't hate me!

Okay...the first thing that comes to mind...my neighbor and I and another friend were playing outside...and, you all know what happens when you get three girls together...odd man out.

Er...odd girl out.

So, my friend and I decide to roll up my neighbor in a big ol' heavy quilt. Rolled her (she was willing, at this point) right up, nice and tight...then, we spied the pool.

We looked at each other...did a little mind reading...picked up that quilted neighbor roll and tossed her right in the pool and ran away!

ACK! What were we thinking?! As a mother, this makes my heart pound...the poor girl could hardly move, we had her wrapped up so tight!!

Thank goodness it was just a kiddy pool...and, I'm quite certain that we wouldn't have let her drown...and she was able to get up on her own...but yikes!

Man, oh man...she was pissed off!

Then...there was this other time...me and a bottle of Captain Morgan? Bad, bad times.

And...another...when a friend and I snuck out to hang out with our older "bad boy" boyfriends?

For real...when my girls get older...I'm putting them on house arrest.

I'm getting chest pain just thinking about them and boys.

Somebody help me!

3. Where do you like to go to relax?

Bed.

B.

E.

D.

Bed. I love my bed. It makes me feel all warm and cozy and comfy. Sleep is my stress reliever.

Or, the mall. Retail therapy has always made me feel a little more at peace with the world.

I'm deep like that.

You know...why can't my stress relief involve exercise? Or cleaning? Or organizing our files alphabetically?

You know why? 'Cuz that is my HELL.

Ugh. Just thinking about those things, makes me stressed.

I need to go to bed. Excuse me please.

4. What was the last thing you won?

The last thing I wished I won was a brand spankin' new camera from P-Dub.

But, we're not talking about wishes...are we? Nah...that was last week.

The very last thing I won, was a Native Honey bag! It is super cute! I love it!

Now...if I can only figure out how to win that dang camera from the Pioneer Woman...my life will be complete.

*drumming fingers together...devising plan to rig next P-Dub contest*

5. If you could be on a game show, which would you choose?

Hello, Double Dare!

My dream game show.

Okay...I'm lying! BUT...I would've sold you my oldest brother for a chance to be on Double Dare! Sliding down that big ol' tongue into a pile of green gak to fish money out of it?!

Sounds like my idea of fun!

But...I'm thinking Jeopardy is more along my lines. *snort*

Lying again!

I'd love to say, Who Wants to be a Millionaire...but, I know I'm too chicken for that game. I cop out at, like, the $1,000 question, then be so stressed out that I'd need to take a nap.

You know...I think I'm more of a Price is Right, girl.

I mean...not the actual Price is Right Girl...nah, my legs are too short and stubby for that gig...but, I mean...that's my kind of game!

No strategery, just fun and some good guessin'!

I'm a good guesser. I'd fit right in on that show...and I'd kick some butt!

-----------------------------------

Now, it's time for YOU to link up! Oh...I'm still accepting offers from anyone willing to let me move in with them...me no likey the snow! Remember...I'll be your best friend! ;)



Comments

  1. When I was a kid we went to Florida and went to Nickelodeon Studios. We got to be in the audience of a Double Dare show! Oh man, it was so cool! I ALWAYS wanted to be on that show when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your answers this week. I had to try hard to come up with a naughty memory safe for my blog. I think I still came up with a juicy one, but it didn't involve getting drunk at 11...I'm pretty sure my MIL doesn't need to know about that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if you're north or south of us (I'm in WI, but Twin City metro), but we're escaping the white stuff...whew! It's still cold, though! We're planting 30 blackberry bushes later today - hope they don't freeze to death!!!!

    Love the questions this week! You were quite the naughty girl...see you couldn't choose just one naughty antic! lol

    Thanks again for a great Friday meme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first time playing along. I love the your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We could just trade houses for a while. Florida summers are the worst! I think we only had about 2 weeks of spring and then deathly HOT summer came! The only problem in I don't think your big family would fit in our little families town home :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Double Dare!! but yes Price is Right could be fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your poor neighbor! Haha... you and your friend were strong enough to lift her into the pool? Wow.
    You give such fun answers! I can't do mine until my lunch break, but I'll link back then =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your answers! haha I am so glad I don't have girls. Seriously? I would have to homeschool them and make them think boys have cooties until they turned 30!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooo, I love the Price is Right. I forgot about that one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny! I mentioned Double Dare too!! We're awesome.

    Bundle up you little Eskimo...it's gonna be chilly here too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, if I was that girl's mama, OMG. You naughty naughty girl. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought I was the only person with a fake Cabbage Patch Doll! I must see a picture of yours! :-)

    And come on down to Central Florida. My house is already nuts enough, what's another 7 people?

    Happy Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Following from your 5 Q Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally forgot about Double Dare! Man I used to LOVE that show! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I SO love that you used the word "strategery"! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! I'm a new follower! I posted 5QF on my blog and linked back - thanks!

    Double Dare.. omg.. I remember my friend and I used to try to copy the games at her house and "compete" against each other. Mostly, we just poured Cheese puffs on the table and tried to eat them without using our hands and made a big orange mess. But I would've killed to get on Double Dare!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your rug/pool story has me sweating! Oh my gosh!
    Every naughty story I have, sounds scary as heck now that I'm a mama!

    And I am soooooo with you on the excercise and organize thing. Heck, that's what's stressing me out to begin with!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love Double Dare!!! Retail therapy is my pick but without any extra appendages... including the hubs. It's not relaxing with someone questioning the price tags!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I loved those Nike shows! :) I wouldn't want to do them though, I don't like to get dirty, ha!

    I linked up =P

    ReplyDelete
  20. Double Dare = Awesome!

    Thanks for another happy 5QF!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry I didn't join in this week, I'll be in next week.
    Bed is my favorite place to relax as well. I love my bed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte