Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 5/21/10


*Yawn*...Mornin' friends! I'm a ti-RED mama today! I had to work until 4 am...LOTSA babies being born last night!

Doesn't surprise me, since every time I've been out and about lately, every other person I've seen has been hugely pregnant!

Anywho...welcome to Five Question Friday...or 5QF! If you haven't ever played before...join in!! It's sooooo much fun!


Rules for Five Question Friday: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog, answer them, then c'mon back to link up (on Friday, of course!). If you'd like, the blog hop code is available for you to grab! I would be a very grateful mama, if you'd link back to me, Mama M.!

If you don't have a blog, but want to play along...feel free to answer the questions in the comments of this post, or any blog along the blog hop way!

Questions for Friday, May 21st: (Special thanks to Pam, Jill, Liz, Erin, and Lula Lola for their question suggestions! Wanna be linked in a future 5QF? Head over to my community and offer up your best question suggestions! We need some freshening up over there...so I'd LOVE to see some new questions!!)

1. Do you have an iPhone and, if so, how do you get apps and what are your favorites?

2. What is your fondest memory of K-3rd grade?

3. What makes you cringe at the thought of touching?

4. If you could have any celebrity show up on your doorstep who would it be and why?

5. What would you say is your best physical feature?

---------------------------------------------

1. Do you have an iPhone and, if so, how do you get apps and what are your favorites?

Pam bullied me to ask this! Okay...well, not really bully, but begged and pleaded...I'm pretty sure, if I had tried, I could've gotten her to give me her first born, for asking this question! ;)

Yes! I do have an iPhone...I resisted it for a long, long time, thinking it couldn't possibly be as great as everyone makes it out to be.

Well...guess what?

It IS! I love it. I'd married it if I could...but since I'm already married, I'll settle for it being my best friend!

And apps? I go to the "App Store" on my phone to get my apps...I've heard you can get them from iTunes (is this true?), but I've never tried.

I'm totally a cheapskate...I think I've only paid for a couple of apps (kid ones), and the free ones are AWESOME!

My favorite app...is probably Google Voice. I love that if I'm on the fly, I can just talk into the phone and find a phone number or an address, lickety split! In fact...I have a funny story about my Google Voice app that I just may share someday.

But not now. It's too long.

My most used apps? TweetDeck (which would/could also fall under "favorite" or, perhaps, "can't live without"), Weather Channel, and Caring Bridge (a "favorite" too!).

My kids like DoodleBuddy, Flight Control, Papertoss, Wheels on the Bus, and iXylophone.

Fun stuff that keeps 'em busy and quiet in a pinch.

2. What is your fondest memory of K-3rd grade?

(Kyrsten...K-3rd is our first four years of school: Kindergarten-3rd grade!)

Alright...promise you won't laugh?

I know you're gonna.

Even if you promise...'cuz y'all are like that. But, I guess, I LIKE that! ;)

My fondest memory of K-3rd (would NOT be trying to kiss poor Michael Nelson every opportunity I ever had...sorry Michael!)...my very favorite memory?

Aside from my most awesome Kindergarten teacher...it would be the lunches I would get for fieldtrips!

Those lunches were the bomb!! And the fieldtrips?

Well, let's just say they don't do 'em like they used to! My poor kids don't know what they ever missed. They do things like "go to the Arboretum"...we did things like "go to the Minnesota Zoo".

Poor, deprived, neglected kids...

Anyway...my lunches were the BEST! My mom would take us to the store the night before our field trip and let us pick out our pop and our "snack"...my snack was ALWAYS a Banana Flip.

Pure trans fat in a delicious, little, banana flavored treat. Mmmmm...I want one right now.

Hold please, while I run to the store (will you look after my children while I'm out? They're still in their jammies...m'kay? Great. Thanks!)

Back now. How were the kids? Perfect little angels, I'm sure. :D

3. What makes you cringe at the thought of touching?

Vomit.

Ew...but, sometimes...I have to. It's a hazard of being a mother. (BTW...does anyone else ever feel like the smell of vomit permeates it's way into EVERYTHING, and makes you feel as if you have bathed in it? Or is it just me?)

I also can NOT stand to touch a bug.

You know those talk shows that have bug peeps on them? Ooooh, look out...I'm gonna bust out a big word and show you how smart I am...you know, "entomologists"?

When they have those great big cockroaches and other totally disgusting bugs?

Yeah, I would go running and screaming and gagging and crying in the other direction as fast as I could.

*Shudder* Bugs suck.

4. If you could have any celebrity show up on your doorstep who would it be and why?

I wouldn't care who it was as long as they said, "I'm dying, and I want you to have all of my money and my multiple homes, my private jet, and my housekeepers."

I would love for Sandra Bullock to knock on my door, with that gorgeous new baby of hers, and sit down over a cup of coffee and chat. (All the while I'm snuggling her delicious new baby boy!)

Oh, and I was gonna say George Clooney...but since I've recently discovered that he is a man whore, I'm boycotting him.

Whoever will take his place at the top of my Top 5 list?!

5. What would you say is your best physical feature?

We discussed this recently, over at the Fencepost, and I just LOVE this question!

So often, we focus on the negative...what we don't like about our bodies, what we want to change, etc. that we forget to look at the positives! Remember my letter to my twelve year old self? I think I could write that letter, with different "foci" to myself at many different stages of my life.

I'm really trying to love the skin I'm in!

But...my best physical feature?

My cheekbones or, maybe, my hair.

--------------------------------------------

Okay, my fellow 5QF'ers...it's time to link up! I am looking forward to reading your posts!!



Comments

  1. You are too funny! I named only one thing about those 4 years of school. But yes, field trips were awesome when we were in school. What happened to those kind?

    Yes, vomit smell does permeate into everything. It's vomit, dontcha know.
    lol.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally forgot about Sandra!! I would totally have her over for coffee too.

    ...and yes, your kids were angels while you were out. Not a peep out of them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite memory of school had to do with a garbage can. Kind of gross. LMAO. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, field trips were the best... seriously! We used to have so much fun, and I couldn't ever sleep the day before them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vomit is awful! I didn't even think of that... and hopefully I won't have to anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, my field trip lunches were awesome too! And, we went to some pretty rockin' places! I also loved when we had stew at home in the winter because my mom would send some with us in our lunch thermos! Oh yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am totally in love with my iPhone as well! I resisted and resisted! And now it is my best friend!

    And field trips! So much fun! Although, we still take some fun ones. Just went one last week with my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, 4am?! You deserve some sleep in time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally forgot about school lunches! I went to a Catholic grade school that actually had DELICIOUS hot lunches - even the mysterious "hot dish" was incredible! Okay, my stomach's grumbling now. Enjoyed your answers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Being a labor and delivery nurse sounds like SO much fun to me! A dream for another lifetime. :)

    I love your answers. I think it's so important for people to stop trying so hard to achieve a certain standard of beauty, and instead accept and love themselves for who they are. You answered that perfectly! And you really do have great hair.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I talked about lunch for the k-3 question too! Maybe it was because I was starving this morning haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay my first time playing!
    I like your cheekbones :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello - Found your blog through another blogger & I just LOVE this MEme! Gonna go fill it out now! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Visiting for FQF. Like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the memory of school... I was allowed soda on Field trips as well so when we had them, I was in heaven simple because I was allowed to "indulge" in all the beautiful sugar!

    TGFF

    ReplyDelete
  16. The questions this week really made me stop and think a lot longer than I usually do! lol

    I'd have to agree with your vomit answer...ewww. Once time my oldest son threw up right inside my coat sleeve...never got a drop of it on the outside. THAT was the grossest feeling ever!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I photo-tagged you! Check it out on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally forgot to link up today. I've been quite the busy bee!

    Yes, vomit permeates into everything. And once I get a whiff of it, I feel like I smell it still for hours. GROSS.

    Happy Friday! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for your explanation of K-3rd :-) I didn't make it last Friday but I hope to join in tomorrow again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte