Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 4/2/10

Howdy friends! Welcome to Five Question Friday!


I'm sorry I wasn't more clear on my preview post...but, just as a "refresher", Thursday nights' "preview" (or Friday at midnight 'cuz I'm a slacker and I plumb ran outta time to get something together for the Thursday preview before I went to work yesterday...please forgive me?!!) questions are for you to get your post all ready to go so that when I post the "real" 5QF Friday morning (now) you're all ready to link up!

Hence, no MckLinky with my last post!

Did I just make any sense at all? I'm tired, and it's very well that that rambling that I just did above, is totally incoherent.

Anywho...moving right along...

It's Friday...it's Good Friday (although my kids want to know why it's called "Good Friday" if Jesus died today..."shouldn't it be called 'Bad Friday'?") and that means that it's almost Easter!

My second favorite holiday!!

Oh, and let me say...I was totally gonna vlog this. But, I was awake 'til 2am, gained a sleeper in my bed sometime around 4 am, and had the rest of my children up around 7:30.

Please take my word when I say you do not want to see me on a computer screen today. You would be screaming in fear, crouched in a corner, crying for your mommy. Yes, it's that scary.

*Gah!! Questions, Mama, questions!!* (Sorry, rambling again!!)

Rules for Five Question Friday: Copy and paste the following questions to a blog post. Answer them then c'mon back to link up! Grab the MckLinky bloghop code, if that's your kinda thing! I'd LOVE it if you'd link back to me, Mama M.!

No blog? Feel free to answer the questions in the comments of any blog along the way!

Questions for Friday, April 2nd: (Thanks to Natalie, LulaLola, Pam (for inspiration for #3), Lily, and Renee (who is on FIRE! with the questions!!) for their question suggestions! Wanna be linked in a future 5QF? C'mon over here, to my community and offer up your best question suggestions!)

1. Do you sing out loud in the car when you're driving?

2. What would you never be caught doing?

3. Will you go #2 in a public restroom?

4. Have you ever broken a bone?

5. Do you prefer cooking or baking?

-----------------------------------------------

1. Do you sing out loud in the car when you're driving?

Well, that depends.

If I have the music cranked, and a rockin' song comes on...yes, I will sing. I will rock it out and sing my heart out.

But, only until I pass a car or a car passes me or I come to a red light. Then, I'm all cool as a cucumber, acting nonchalant.

Heaven forbid should someone see me and think that: a.) I've lost my marbles and I'm talking to myself, or b.) I'm weird.

2. What would you never be caught doing?

Singing in my car? ;)

Actually...um...there's a few things that I'll never be caught doing. But, one of which I was caught doing while I was on skype. I forgot I was on camera and did it.

Ugh...I can't believe I'm telling you this!

Okay...so, I was Skyping with sweet, prim and proper Kate, I was wearing pj's that were dirty and going in the wash as soon as I took them off (which very well could have been days...), I didn't have a tissue around, and my nose was drippy.

So, I used my sleeve. *blushing, embarrassment, humiliation*

I figure, heck...if my kids use my sleeves/shirts/pants as tissues for their boogies, why can't I?

Only, I got caught. By Kate. Who, I'm sure, will never let me live this one down.

3. Will you go #2 in a public restroom?

Heck to the no!!

Well...unless it is an EMERGENCY!!! (For which I would NOT go to the ER...) ;)

I have to have some major "fecal urgency" (oh my gosh...did I just say "fecal urgency" on my blog?! Ack! Twice!!) going on before I allow myself to poo in public. And, then, I make as much noise as possible (flush toilet, grab tp, cough), or wait for someone else to flush before I go.

It's a major hang up.

4. Have you ever broken a bone?

Officially, no.

But, judging by my crooked fingers and wonky hangy down rib, I think yes. Unless the crooked fingers were caused from my ultimate sweet basketball playing skills when I was younger. Jammed them all. the. time.

And, by ultimate sweet skills, I mean it's amazing that I could get from one end of the court to the other without falling flat on my face.

My parents used to watch my games like they were a horror flick...huddled into one another, hands covering faces, peering out through their fingers.

It was not pretty.

5. Do you prefer cooking or baking?

Cooking, hands down!

Baking is waaaayyyyy too precise for me.

I'm a dumper ('cept when it comes to public restrooms...), and I hate measuring, sifting (what is up with that sifting business anyway???), leveling, packing.

Nope...I just like to dump.

--------------------------------------------------

There it is! Time to MckLinky uppy!

Thanks for playing along!


MckLinky Blog Hop



Comments

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte