Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 1/8/10

My Little Life

It's Friiiiiiiidaaaaay!! Do you know what that means?

It means it's time for Five Question Friday...aka 5QF in some parts of the blogosphere!! I hope you'll join in! I promise you'll meet a bunch of awesome, amazing, interesting, fun women (no men yet, sorry, single ladies...)!!

For all you first timers...here's the deets: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog, answer them, grab the MckLinky code (if you want) then come on back and link up! I would love, love, love it, if you'd link back to me, Mama M.!!

For those of you that don't have a blog (get on it!!) feel free to answer in the questions below here, or at any blog you visit!

Okay...let's get started!

Questions for Friday, 1/8/10: (Thanks to Megan, Tara, Kate, and Thorney London)for their question suggestions!! Wanna be linked in a future 5QF? It's easy peasy lemon squeezy!! Just leave your question suggestions here!)

1.
What's your "comfort food"?

2.
Do you send Thank You's (handwritten or email)?

3.
If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose?

4.
What is your favorite online recipe site?

5. If you had to choose: "Friends" or "Seinfeld"?

------------------------------------------

1. What's your "comfort food"?

Hand down, without a doubt...mashed potatoes! Oh, man...they are the cure to anything!

But...but!!! They must be homemade! No flakes for this flake!

Oh, how I love mashed potatoes!

And, soup. My Grandma's Vegetable Beef Soup is to die for. To. Die. For.

Yum!! Gosh...is it lunch yet?!!

2.
Do you send Thank You's (handwritten or email)?

Well, I try to...does that count?!

For baby gifts, yes...without a doubt, I send a handwritten Thank You! For birthdays, Christmas...not so much.

That's terrible...isn't it? It's not that I'm ungrateful...no way! I am sooooo extremely grateful for gifts I receive...it's just that...well...I guess I'm lazy.

But, sometimes...I'll get a wild hair up my behind, and voila! A Thank You card is in the mail!

3. If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose?

Well...if I could choose any of all time, I'd probably say Friends. Or...gosh...SNL would be pretty awesome too!

But, that's not my final answer. Nope!

I would say...(please don't laugh!!) a food show! Like "Iron Chefs", or "Ace of Cakes"...something fun like that!

I know...I'm weird.

But, just think of all the awesome food I'd get to eat! For a whole month!! Which means...I'd probably hafta get trapped on the Biggest Loser after that.

And, I don't like to Shred. Unless we're talking cheese...or cabbage...or snowboarding. (Okay...I lied. I don't snowboard...I'm not even sure that "shredding" is a snowboarding term...is it?)

4.
What is your favorite online recipe site?

Well...once upon a time...I would've said allrecipes.com.

But, I'm like, soooo totally over that (*insert gum smacking and hair twirling here*). Oh, yeah.

It's all about the Pioneer Woman now. (I dreamt about her Marlboro Man last night! Not that kind of dream...naughty you!! He was just in it! Weird.)

She totally makes me laugh...and, gives me good recipes to fill my family's bellies with! She's da bomb. Plus, she has a Lodge.

A Lodge! *Swoon*...I want her lodge for my home. Think she'd mind if I just showed up...family in tow, laden with our belongings?

5. If you had to choose: "Friends" or "Seinfeld"?


Hard one...very hard.

I'm gonna say "Friends"...although, Seinfeld is a dang good show too!!

Oh man...maybe "Seinfeld"? This is tough!

Okay...I'm goin' with my gut. If I had to choose...like, my life wouldn't go on unless I chose between the two...it would be "Friends".

Yup. "Friends".

Okay my friends! Let's hear whatcha hafta say!


MckLinky Blog Hop



Comments

  1. I love me some mashed potatos!! Yummy...that may be whats for dinner tonight :)

    Hope you have a great weekend girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome questions, I can't wait to play. I really ahve to think ......

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never read your responses before I post, but my response to the "comfort food" question is the same as yours!! I LOVE taters!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh - fun questions! I'm gonna have to get to work on these! Gotta say that the "thank you" question is making me wince. Ouch! I am embarrassed by what I know my reply to be. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always answer the questions and then read your responses, I am so last year with still liking AllRecipes.com I guess. :( I have been hearing so much about Pioneer Woman, I will have to check her otu!

    ReplyDelete
  6. woohoo! finally joined your blog meme...good questions and look forward to next weeks :)
    Bri (GrammieMommy)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Friday! I'm joining in the fun for the first time!
    Fun fun!
    Mashed potatoes go great with my favorite comfort food.
    Hope you stop by my blog for a looksie!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree....NO FLAKES!!

    Homemade "taters" all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was so much fun! Thanks.

    BTW I agree on the mashed potatoes thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going to have to check out pioneer woman! Thanks for the tip

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha! a food show sounds fabulous!!!
    i love those shows! and i'm kind of obsessed with the Pioneer woman as well.
    she makes me feel like a 'good cook'.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm the same way when it comes to mashed potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linked up two fridays in a row! Woohoo!

    That Seinfeld/Friends question...super hard one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha, you're so funny - "no flakes for this flake" I like me some real mashed potatoes, too! And yea, I'm into the pioneer woman, too now, well, her website that is! :) Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Uhm... *embarassed* what does "comfort food" mean? I think I misunderstood it... Please, could anyone explain what is meant? Thanks!
    The German Girl *still embarassed*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Are you like my long lost sister or somethin'? On every single five question friday, we at LEAST answer one question the same! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love me some mashed taters too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Funny, I didn't read your answers until after I did mine and for #5 I put, easiest question ever! :) Try these crock pot potatoes, they;re the bestest! :) http://tinyurl.com/y87uath

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh and woohoo to biggest 5QF! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yeeee-HAW!!! 72 links ups. You've hit the big time baby!!
    Potatoes made of flakes just ain't right.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Catching up in the blog world! Great questions this week!! I'll try to hop on the wagon for these questions soon!! :)

    I LOOOOOVE Friends! No doubt about it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi! I found you through Stacey at Bloggin' it like it is.

    I agree with you about the recipes. I met the pioneer woman at her first book signing. I so love that cookbook. Everything in it has been so good.

    And, I'm a friends girl all the way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte