Skip to main content

Five Question Friday!! 1/22/10

My Little Life

Ohmigosh, ohmigosh, ohmigosh!!!! It's Friday!! And, not just any Friday, my friends...it's Friday and I get to have a girl's getaway with the bestest bestie in the whole wide world!!

And, not only are we getting some much needed girl time away, but we're meeting up with two super cool chicks (yes, that'd be Laura and Jolene!!) from MckMama's Christmas Party! I can't wait.

No. Seriously.

I can not wait. I'm gonna go pack right now.

Well...you know, not right now, right now...but, when I'm done with getting Five Question Friday off to a rip-roarin' start!

Last week, we met the 100 mark...blew past it, in fact, with 113 link ups! Wow! Amazing! And, Miss Kate, your gift card will be in the mail...soon!! I promise!

Okay, so here we go!!

Rules, as always for the always fun and entertaining Five Question Friday!! Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, come on back and grab the MckLinky code (if you wish) and link up!! And, if you would be so incredibly kind...I'd love it if you'd link back to moi, Mama M.!

If you don't have a blog...feel free to leave your answers in the comments of any blog along you hippity hoppin' way!

Let's get this par-tay started!!

Questions for 1/22/10: (Thanks to Casia, the Unkept Cook, Renee, Liz, and Kate for their question suggestions! Wanna be linked in a future 5QF? Head on over here to my community, and offer up your most fun, zany, quirky questions!

1.
What is better, growing old with out money or dying young and wealthy?

2.
Who takes out the garbage at your house?

3.
Have you ever had the same dream many times?

4.
Can you play a musical instrument?


5. If you owned your own store, what would you sell?

---------------------------------------------

1. What is better, growing old with out money or dying young and wealthy?

Oh, how I would love to be old and wealthy! But, since that is not an option...I will say, growing old without money!

I have a fear of death...I fear of leaving my children motherless...so, I'll take a nice long, material-free, homeless, hungry life any day!

2. Who takes out the garbage at your house?

That would be either A. my husband or B. my oldest son, but certainly not C. me.

Oh no. Not me. Gross.

Ew.

*gag*

When I take out the garbage, it never fails to rip apart. And then I'm stuck with a coffee groundy, ketchupy, left-overish mess of epic proportions.

Barf.

The "men" in my life have learned...if they are leaving for the weekend, we must start with a fresh bag. Even if the first is only half full...we've gotta start fresh...otherwise, they'll come home to Mt. Garbage (and, you hafta say that with a French accent...a la, "Gar-bah-jzah"...to get the full effect).

3. Have you ever had the same dream many times?

Well, kinda...sorta.

I have the same "theme" to my recurring dream.

It's tornadoes. I have always been fascinated by storms...fascinated and terribly fearful. Remember this story?

Yeah...tornado brain, I think.

In my dream...I am always rushing to save people. Rushing, rushing, rushing...gathering kids and loved ones and slamming the door shut just as the tornado tears by.

After the tornado goes by, there is usually very little distruction, other than a cute little path in the grass where the tail of the tornado touched.

Weird stuff.

My mom once told me that tornadoes signify chaos, or lack of control in you life.

Huh. Ya think? 5 kids...nah. No chaos in this house! ;)

4. Can you play a musical instrument?


Does a kazoo count? 'Cuz if not, then no.

But...in high school...I rocked a mean bass drum...and could fumble my way through a snare drum. Don't ask me about drum sets tho...this chick ain't gotta coordinated bone in her body...and it takes waaaaayyyyy more coordination to play a drum set than I can ever dream to have.

Course, I only dream about tornadoes...so, we know that won't happen!

In middle school I played the clarinet. Sucked at that.

Big time.

I can, however, whistle with the best of 'em! But that's it.

Oh, wait...that's right...the kazoo.

I almost forgot!

5. If you owned your own store, what would you sell?

Oh my gosh.

Candy.

Hands down...Willy Wonka-esque with a rolling ladder..did you know that the Pioneer Woman has a rolling ladder? I wanna visit her just for a ride on that ladder. Lucky girl.

Whoa. Holy digression, batman!

Okay...so, yes...candy. I know I'd be wiser to say, oh...I dunno...an appliance store, for the discount...but nope.

Candy it is.

Phew! Now, I'm off to pack! I hope everyone has a fantastic, awesome, safe and healthy weekend!



MckLinky Blog Hop


Comments

  1. mmmmm.. yummy! I didnt think about a candy shop! Then I would be old poor and fat.. but happy! ;)

    Have fun with your bestie tonight. You girls have tons of fun and take some pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tornadoes.. scary! We had one in California this week can you believe it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny...I guess tornado dreams are common among moms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am scared to death of storms because they might have tornadoes in them! Have fun on your girls getaway!
    For some reason it will not let me link up. Grrr..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have such a fun getaway!!

    I HATE rushing dreams! I have them often. Glad your tornado dream turns out ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would so be a regular at your store!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saving people from the tornado...spoken like a true nurse!

    Candy store...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I,too, am scared of tornadoes...it freaks me out during the summer when the warnings come across the tv screen!

    have a great girls weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh candy!

    Sounds like a delicious store!

    Have fun at your Girls Night!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy every SECOND of your weekend away!!! :-) Hurray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally agree on #1, seriously who would die early and leave their kids just to say they were rich for awhile...you can't bring it with you! SOOO excited for girl time with you and T this weekend!! Have fun tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great questions. I hope I have time later to link up and answer!

    I am terrified of dying and leaving my children. So I would definitely take growing good and old with no money. There is more than life than material things - like hugs and kissed from the loves of your life!

    Have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm too lazy to post every thing myself, but my answer to the dreams thing is: yes. I have had repeat dreams, like theres a nightmare I ALWAYS get when I have a fever, and a few regular-ish dreams have been re-runs.

    I dream in color, and if I fall asleep with my contacts in then my dreams are crystal clear, but if I'm a good girl and take my contacts out, then my dreams are always a bit blurry. Talk about ca-raaaaaazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have had tornado dreams too...and too have a chaotic life. And a candy shop is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH MY GOSH! I always wait to read everyones responses until after I have written mine! INCREDIBLE! I thought I was one of the only freaks with tornado dreams! They have eased up on me though... I do recall a dream trying to save all my family but at the same time counting 8 tornadoes spinning around. Maybe my therapy of living in tornado country helped me out! LOL!
    The candy store sounds LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would be your best customer if you ever opened the candy store!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wouldn't last with a candy shop. I would eat all the candy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte