Skip to main content

The TreeHouse Chronicles--Day 98

Well...just as I suspected, Holmes...no work on the TreeHouse.

This is how it still stands:

The focus was elsewhere this week.

Leaves.

Hunting.

Work.

Leaves.


Family stuff.

Leaves.


Oh, and did I mention, leaves? Sheesh...it's this time of the year that I start to long for a home in the middle of a great, open field...sans trees.

*Sigh*


So, no work on the TreeHouse...we've made the executive decision that the TreeHouse can be worked on when there is snow on the ground...but, alas...the leaves cannot be worked on when covered in a thick blanket of snow.

I'll keep you posted, tho...rest assured! ;)

------------------------------------------

In other news, I've been working the evening shift at work this weekend...which leaves (bah! That word again!) little time for family.

And I miss them.


I feel like I just want to curl into a ball, with my family around me, snuggle up by the fire and just...just...just be.

After my yucky work night, I've been aching for some family time...but, it turns out, they leave (leaf?!!) me with things to remember them while
I'm work.

This girl:

Came home from school singing this song:

"Miss Mary Mack-mack-mack,
All dressed in black-black-black,

With silver buttons-buttons-buttons,
All down her back-back-back.


She asked her mother-mother-mother,

For fifteen cents-cents-cents,
To watch the elephants-elephants-elephants,
Jump over the fence-fence-fence.

They jumped so high-high-high,
They touched the sky-sky-sky,
And didn't come down-down-down,
'Til the Fourth of July-ly-ly!"

And now's when I wish I could sing, so you could hear the catchy little beat (it reminds me of something...and if I were at all musically inclined, I could probably tell what the tune or beat is!)...but, trust me on this...it's a sticky song!

One that is hard to get out of my head!!

But, you know what?

I'm okay with that...'cuz it reminds me of my kiddos, awaiting my return home.

Man, I need some snuggle time.


Comments

  1. Miss Mary Mack, I remember that song/hand clapping game. Man I haven't thought of that in YEARS. Geez, does that make me old? Eh, I'm okay with it if it does. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still am in love with that tree house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the leaves! We got our yard all cleaned only to have a major wind storm at the end of this week and they blew into our yard from the neighbors! UGH.

    I used to laugh when I'd see kids in my class break into Miss Mary Mack because it was something I did. Its interesting to me that things like that are still passed down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you had a rough weekend girl! Hoping you get some great snuggles tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your play on words: "The focus was elsewhere this week" as the tree house is out of focus in the picture.

    I can totally relate with having to work different shifts. It makes family life so much more challenging. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ack, i totally feel your pain! I feel like there's so many things to do and such little time in a day that things fall to the wayside...You sound very upbeat about it, though, which is awesome. I'm a control-freak-stress-aholic when I don't get things done and then that makes me feel even crazier, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so nice to read about another mama that has to work...it seems like such a "stay at home mom" world that we live in. I only work part time but still, it is so much to balance and only other workin' mama's can relate to that. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte