Skip to main content

Hot and Healthy Tuesday Check In!


Hey Hot and Healthy peeps! Are you feelin' Hot and Healthy yet?!!

It's time for our Tuesday check in...Blog Hop style!

Today means we have completed two full weeks of commitment to being Hot and Healthy...wow, time flies, huh?!

We bumped up the cardio goal last week to 170 minutes...did you meet it? Exceed it? Coulda done better?

How about the eating? Snacking less? Or "snacking smart"?

How's the water consumption going?

Have you been trying Keely's recommended Pilates exercises?

We have an awesome giveaway goin' on over here! Check it out...it'll be up for grabs for someone who links up with their progress today! (Well...the Blog Hop will actually be left open until Thursday...to give everyone time!)

So...let's hear it! Tell us your ups and downs and in betweens!! And, remember...we all love comments...be sure to stop in and visit and support and encourage and applaud one another's efforts!

---------------------------------
We bumped up the cardio goal last week to 170 minutes...did you meet it? Exceed it? Coulda done better?

Oh, boy...I failed miserably. I was resolved to kick it in and "git 'er done"...but
then, life happened...and it was hard for me to think about exercise amongst "stuff" (I promised no more sad talk...so I won't! Er...I guess I just did...sorry.)


So, since I know exercise is good for the soul and a natural "spirit lifter"...I'm gonna do it. I am gonna get my cardio in this week!!!

How about the eating? Snacking less? Or "snacking smart"?

Once again, I did pretty well with the eating/snacking bit...but, coulda done better! Of course...unless McDonald's counts as health food?

No?

Oh...yeah, need to shape it up a bit there!

How's the water consumption going?
I've been trying to drink 'til I can't see my pee in the toilet...and I'm doing okay. Um...speaking of water...check out the giveaway...it's awesome!

Have you been trying Keely's recommended Pilates exercises?

Um...well, you see...I kinda...it just...er...no.

I didn't. It scares me! I did a Pilates exercise video once, and I couldn't walk for days! Weeks, maybe!

Ladies...I need a good swift kick in the rear to get goin'!!


MckLinky Blog Hop


Comments

  1. I am completely failing on the Hot and Healthy plan that I had with you and Keely.

    But since you two are doing such a good job I have an award for you on my blog...cuz I know how much you live them ;) Oh, and because you make me laugh with you labor and delivery stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, while I'm so not hot & healthy...I enjoy reading all about your endeavor to be so! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mama M, I have to encourage you on the Pilates. Take this with a grain of salt from someone who did not join the Shred. lol

    I LOVE Pilates. You will be sore in the beginning, but I promise it is so worth it! I love how it sculpts the body. I always dread it so bad when I first start, but once I have done it for a week, it makes me feel so good, and I look forward to it.

    I am inspired to start Pilates up again.

    Signed,

    Sandi who is scared of the Shred.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so completely understand your fear of Pilates! I'm RIGHT THERE with you! I am trying though....sort of! Since I'm new and hoven't been following your blog...you're an L&D nurse too?!?!? SO am I! We're too cool for our own good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so completely understand your fear of Pilates! I'm RIGHT THERE with you! I am trying though....sort of! Since I'm new and hoven't been following your blog...you're an L&D nurse too?!?!? SO am I! We're too cool for our own good!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You GOTTA do one of these after the holidays....then I am SO on board. Right now I can hardly see straight. I know this should be a priority but with work, baby, hubs, house....ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pilates scares me too! Actually, it just makes my stomach really, really sore. So, I generally avoid it. But I might just have to try Keely's exercises soon. I bet it works!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just found your hot and healthy challenge...and well I've been on the weight loss train for some time now. I am unfortunately trying to break a vicious cycles of losing seom and gaining some...each week varies. But I am going to get through the holiday next week and then get my booty on the right track!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte