Skip to main content

Wedding Dresses and Ghost Stories

So, when I posted this photo before, some of you asked to "hear the story"...well, I'd tell ya, but I'd hafta kill ya...well, okay, it's just that, well...there's not much of a story (believe it or not!) behind the wedding dresses, that is. But, I do have a little ghost story, that I can share...with no bodily harm to you.

But first, the "story" behind the wedding dresses...

So, when we went on our "un-family reunion", we stayed in a place (that used to house a bunch of nuns and a monsignor) that was owned by five women. When five women collaboratively own, well, anything, the outcome is bound to be fantastic! Not a detail overlooked, these women thought enough to supply some wedding dresses, for children and, ahem, apparently men, to try on and have fun with!

And have fun, we did!! I'm just bummed that the pic with Mr. Wonderful in a dress is on someone else's camera...I've got an email in to my aunt, in whose camera said photo resides, we'll see if I can get it!

My brother:
Good ol' Gram:

So, while the wedding dress story is quite, well...anticlimactic, I do have a fun ghost story to share with you. You know, if you believe that sorta thing, which I'm not sure that I do...but...

So, this place we stayed, turns out the monsignor died at the kitchen table. My grandparents were the first to arrive, and Gram needed to take a nap. She set her eye glasses and a glass of water on the nightstand next to her. They (gram and gramp) got the only room with air-conditioning and it's own bathroom...certainly fit for a monsignor, no?

Well, after her nap, she was confused to be unable to find her glasses and water. She, my grandpa and my cousin searched the room high and low...nothin'. No glasses, no water anywhere in that room. Then...they found them...(insert creaky doors, spooky music and witchy cackles here) in a room where grandma had never been!!

But, that's not all! The next night, I came in from outside...to find my sweet grandma resting her weary head on the couch. She tells us, she went to bed, was laying there when the bed moved a couple times...like the mattress bounced a bit. She didn't believe it the first time...then it happened again! She couldn't take it anymore, so she decided to get up and wait for grandpa to come to bed.

Well, we girls who were left up talking, laughing, having a couple of drinks...we had a heyday with this!!

"Ooh, the monsignor likes gram!!"

"Yeah, such a pretty lady she is...he picks her to give his attention to!"

And so on and so forth...giggling, joking, carrying on. And then...the lights flicker!!! Spooky!! Only thing is, you scare a group of women, and it just gets worse!!

Suddenly, the light dawned...

"Wait!! This monsignor? We've got it all wrong!!" speculates somebody (I'm not sure who, too much talking going on!!).

"He's a Catholic priest or something, right? He's just keeping his vows!! So, first gram sleeps in his room...he moves her glasses and water, a gentle 'Get out of my room, please' from him. Then, poor guy, grandma probably crawled right into bed with him! He was probably trying to discreetly inch his way out of the bed, and the bed moved a bit! He was probably thinkin' 'Geez, this woman won't leave me alone!!'...!!"

Oh, it was fun! Lot's of shrieking, scared, goofy women...speculating about the monsignor and gram!!

I sure love a good ghost story!

And this, my friends...was a whole 'nuther post!

Comments

  1. He he! Gram and the ghost! Funny! I have an award for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Priest!! ROFLMAO! That's great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness... too funny! Believe it or not, I am so scared of the dark/ghosts/anything spooky that I would have been way too freaked out to even join in on all of the laughing and goofing around about this story- especially after the lights flickered!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte