Skip to main content

Pregnant Summer

You know how, when toward the end of your pregnancy you're tired of being tired and unable to sleep, eat, breathe, walk and are sooooo looking forward to being in the worst pain you'll ever imagine...you know, that which is childbirth? How mother nature gears you up for the biggest challenge ever?

I feel like that about summer. Summer is Minnesota's version of pregnancy...you are so hot and it's so humid and sticky outside for days and days on end that you actually start to look forward to fall and winter.

And then, winter comes and it's so frigid and bitterly cold for days and days and weeks and months on end, that you start to crave the heat and humidity of late summer.

It's like being perpetually pregnant, I guess. And I wouldn't want it any other way. :)

But, this summer is different. I can count on one hand the hot sticky days we've had...how on earth am I going to make it through the miserable winter when I'm still longing for summer to arrive?! This summer has been waaaayyyyy to easy of a pregnancy...you know, when you are at the point in your pregnancy where everything is glowing and hunky dory and you know that that baby is easier to care for on the inside?

Yeah...that's where I'm at with this summer...I'm enjoying it still, I want more of it, but I see the "due date" of winter fast approaching, and I'm not any wear near being ready for it.


Comments

  1. Here I was about to wish you a congrats and I tickled myself about summer/winter in MN! What a great comparison though. Here in TX, we just PRAY for cooler weather to come in November and last till April :)
    ~Elyse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful comparison.
    I guess I would say the water broke here.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and when the spawn...err, kids go to bed, I look forward to reading a little more (until I collapse into a pile of drool on the keyboard)
    Toodles.
    Alycia (Coloring Outside The Lines)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Just browsing your blog :) Found it on the Blog Frog and it sparked my interest because I too am a nurse from MN and was pregnant during two of our "wonderful" summers. My first was born in late July (SUCKED being 9 mo pregnant in July) and my second was born late October (sucked even more being 6-7 months pregnant in July and August!). I feel for you but you are right, this summer's been oddly cool...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, come on down to Georgia...we'll make you miserable enough. :) Of course we don't get the bitter cold in winter, just a chill in the air...so that is nice too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally know what you mean. I live in MN too and I cna't even believe how cool it has been this year. But yet it's totally true that I would be complaining about how hot it was if that were true! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh! I re-read this post and now it makes sense!! So sorry for thinking you were pregnant! Must have been my kid-fried brain kicking in! Hard to concentrate when you can hear your children stirring in their beds not wanting to sleep :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte