Skip to main content

I'm Humbled

Two awards in one day...wow, I'm humbled that people enjoy reading my stuff enough to award me...next up, the Nobel Prize.

Okay, so I realize they're "just" blog awards, but gosh, to a girl like me that's really somethin'. I mean, I've never won an award in my whole life (well, except for that one night, at band camp...kidding, kidding), and now, two (well, three, if you count my one from last week! Not that I'm bragging or anything, just sayin'...you know?!).

So, I'll shut up now and show you the goods!

Maria awarded me this!

Thank you for thinking I'm a gem! That's so sweet, Maria! No rules with this one, just the glory and honor of being "gemmed"!

Jennifer awarded me this today (isn't it cute?!!). I'm so flattered that you think I'm deserving of a "Fabulous" award, thank you!

Now, for the "work"...rules are I need to 'fess up to five current obsessions and re-award it to five bloggers. Here goes:


Obsessions:
1. Shoes...always has been, always will be. Currently, I'm on kick for flats with a flash...you know, a great color, a big POP to make an outfit! I'll have to show you my yellow flats from earlier this summer. They are to die for!

2. Blogging...yes, blogging. I waste spend waaayyyyy too much of my day on the 'puter when I could be doing something productive, like shopping for that awesome pair of flats um, like, you know, washing dishes or doing laundry.

3. Eating...have I mentioned that I'm PMSing? Yup, eating us out of house and home! Latest...Chicken Salad (basil, toasted almonds, grapes...mmmmmm, I want some now, be right back...).

4. Okay, back now, brushing crumbs off face, wiping hands on sweats...Oh, yeah #4...Mr. Wonderful. Man, I love that guy. Our marriage has been super strong lately (we're in a light time...more on that in a different post) and it is soooo wonderful to connect so strongly.

5. My kiddos...everyday they amaze me ('cept when they interrupt my precious computer time, darn little rugrats...). I'm amazed that God chose to bless me with the 5 children he did. That he thought I'd be a good enough mother to raise, nurture, and guide these awesome little creatures (and I mean that in a good way!).

Now, 5 "awardees":

1. Erin: She has the cutest little guy! Love reading 'bout their adventures!

2. Pink Slippers: 7 kiddos and always a great story...plus, she loves everything pink!

3. Leslie: Cute blog, newly wed...plus she starts her teaching job tomorrow...uh, today, I guess (judging by the time!).

4. Heather: Oz and her adorable cuties (and the fun quotes that come out of their mouths!

5. Maria: With her cool sketches and fun loving attitude!

Whew!!!! I think it's time for bed now!!

Thanks again Maria and Jennifer, for the awesome awards!


Comments

  1. Like, OH MY GOSH! I am like totally shocked. Like thank you so much!
    just kidding!
    I don't talk like that. I'm delerious and should be in bed.
    Thanks so much for the award. I love your blog so much. So funny! I am really looking forward to the Treehouse Chronicles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally am with ya on the "WOW! Really? ...for me?...Nobel prize... the Oscars, too?" haha. I love your humor and I'm really glad I found your blog.

    Now, for my acceptance speech... "I want to thank MamaM for making this possible... and..." (I'll be sure to let you know when I get the rest of that acceptance down on paper (electronic paper)...I am sooo slow at getting a post up, it may be a wee little bit). ...until then-thank you, thank you, thank you! (This Fabulous Blog Award is so chic and totally fab.u.lous!)

    Blessings & aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry to be a comment hog! I tried to contact you by clicking on your Click here link... but for some reason (who knows), we cannot connect with outlook express!

    so, if you would email me first, that would be great ;o)

    Just a technical question... I'd love to be able to cross out or line through a word or phrase. I've seen this before and *think* I can handle that...If it's not too involved a process, that is...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mama M! I'm glad you like reading my blog because i love reading your blog! I appreciate that you were thinking of me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on all the awards...how exciting!!

    Shoes...I love shoes!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte