Skip to main content

Five Question Friday

Updated Update: So, I put MckLinky back up. That way, those who want/know how to link up can, and others can just leave a message if they've posted.

Update: After some thought, contemplation, discussion with myself, it was decided that a MckLinky is a lot of pressure. So, I'm taking him (her?) down...this way, you can just leave comments if you like...no pressure, right? I aim to please! :)

Original post:
A fellow blogger, carebear, posted a "Five Questions to get to Know You" on MckMama's forum last week...I enjoyed it so much, I wanted to "resurrect" it!

So, here's the gig...I'll post 5 questions, then answer them myself. I'll throw up a little Mcklinky and that's where your work begins! You, do a little copy and paste action, post on your own blog (or in the comments, I'm easy like that) and then link up!! (Hmmm...I've always thought "link up" sounds like "hook up"s innocent cousin, you know, without the consequences.) Anywho, here we go!

1. What was your favorite wedding gift? Or, if you aren't married, what was your "favorite" gift you gave?

2. Speaking of weddings, where did you honeymoon, or where would you like to honeymoon?

3. If you had to choose (you know, if anyone would actually be that cruel)...shoes or chocolate?

4. Besides your kiddos and husband (if you have those), what are you most proud about in your life?

5. And, (since it's raining here...I'm just glad it's not snowing) what is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?

Okay, and now for my answers:

1. What was your favorite wedding gift? Or, if you aren't married, what was your "favorite" gift you gave? Favorite wedding gift...hmmm, I'm gonna choose a wedding shower gift. We had a Pampered Chef shower, best thing to ever do!! I own, a ton of Pampered Chef stuff 'cuz of this shower, my most fave, probably my pots and pans which are in dire need of replacing, now. But, not too shabby for 8+ years, huh?!

2. Speaking of weddings, where did you honeymoon, or where would you like to honeymoon? Mr. Wonderful and I honeymooned in Maui, gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. We were married in February, and the whales were soooo active (you know, what I could see of them with my head hanging over the boat and a cold can of Coke pressed to my forehead...). We found out 2 weeks before the wedding that we were expecting (surprise!!), and I was sicker than a dog...so, basically, we spent big bucks to lay by the pool...I also got to know the toilet very well. Our plan is to celebrate our 10th anniversary back in Maui...I can't wait!

3. If you had to choose (you know, if anyone would actually be that cruel)...shoes or chocolate? I can't imagine anyone being cruel enough to make you choose this, but, I think I'd choose shoes. No, wait...chocolate. Oh gosh, no...shoes...yes, definitely shoes (I think).

4. Besides your kiddos and husband (if you have those), what are you most proud about in your life? I am very proud of the fact that I didn't become "a statistic" (or whatever they call it). Pregnant at 18, I chose to go to college and completed a four year degree being a single mom. I get kinda bucky like that...tell me I can't do something and I'll do my darndest to prove you wrong. So glad my spunk got me through those four years!

5. And, (since it's raining here...I'm just glad it's not snowing) what is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day? Well, gosh...I blog, of course! :) Or we snuggle in watch movies...you know, I should really do something productive, like clean, do laundry, organize...but it's just so, well, boring. Oh, yeah, we do like to play board games, too!

Now, it's your turn!




Comments

  1. Adding mine to my blog - give me 5 minutes to type. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am LOL! I didnt read your answers until I finished posting mine! I copied and pasted before coming back to link up! I had known for about 2 weeks I was expecting when we got married as well! Wish we had done something more exciting last month for our 10 year anniversary but it is hard being a displaced military family!
    Great Questions!
    http://erinsbunch.blogspot.com
    oh and the chocolate thing! I am LOL About that too, so hard to choose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These type of posts are some of my favorite posts to read, cuz you get to learn a little more about a person.

    Great questions! I'm running around trying to finish "catching" up on blog reading, so won't be trying this out right now...

    Thanks for sharing! They were such fun reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte