Skip to main content

And How's YOUR Bladder?

So, five kids, you know? Five, averaged sized kids squeezed through my netherlands...not too shabby, huh?

Chatting with a pediatrician at work recently, he asked, "How're your four kids?"

"Oh, no" says I, "I have five!"

With a knowing look (he and his OB/GYN wife have four kiddos, in very. rapid. succession)...he says, "Five...so how's that bladder control goin' for ya?"

And now, my friends, I am going to boast. Boast, brag, pat myself on the back.

MY bladder control is amazing. Ah-May-Zing!! You'd think...you'd even probably expect, that I would be a dribbler (and, ah...I'm not talkin' basketball). That I would cross my legs in a fit of laughter, avoid trampolines at all costs, and sit my ("jiggly", as E.W. calls it) butt on the toilet should I dare even think about coughing.

Ah, yes, you'd think! But, alas...it is not so! Not only do I have a bladder the size of Texas (shout out to all you Texans!!), but my control is impeccable. Occasionally, when my gigantic bladder is nearing peak capacity, you may discover a couple of little drips (well, actually, I hope it is not you who discovers it...just sayin', you know?), but gosh who doesn't do that, right? Right?

All things considered, I impress myself (sheesh, that's a little vain)...when my girl friends and I are talking and they start in on bladder control, I sit in silence. Privately basking in the glow of my ability to laugh while spread eagle, to jog a bit without wetting my pants.

I'm kind of a legend among my friends. They look at me with a mixture of awe and envy.

-------------------------------

And in completely unrelated, but still fun news...stop on back tomorrow for "Five Question Friday"! Check it out in my community!



Comments

  1. That sounds pretty legendary! I have had 1 kid and I envy you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bask in the glow, baby, because you're a rare find.

    I started losing bladder control before having kids, and the whack of pregnancies did nothing but wreck whatever I had left. I had the surgery scheduled in 2005 along with my hysterectomy, but the surgery went really badly, so many complications, so they weren't able to do the repairs. Their focus turned to making sure I survived. I can't fault them for that, in fact, I'm quite thankful. They pulled it off, and here I am. Wonderful. Ironically, they accidentally damaged my bladder in the process. Nice, eh? Needless to say, that surgery was so brutal, I've been afraid to rebook the repairs that they didn't get to do.


    All that to say... the title of this post caught my eye, and although I'm not envious by nature, I can't help but envy you a tiny bit (ok, A LOT!).

    Enjoy, treasure it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, you crack me the heck up! Major kudos to you ... you will forever be the legend that I speak of when I say, "well I *know* someone who was just fine after 5 kids!"

    Me? I had urgency issues after my first, practically lived on the loo while pregnant with my second, and had to start coming to a complete standstill in order to sneeze while walking after my 3rd(try THAT in a crowded mall around the holidays! it's either get run over or wet myself!)

    Thanks for another laugh!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could say the same. I can't sneeze without a dribble!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW impressive! You must have done your kegals....am I right or what? I used to be able to hold it for like days before I had kids I swear, now I am a total leg crosser. The other day I was jumping on the trampoline with my 2 year old and I was the one that peed my pants. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I honestly dribbled a little at this post.
    Yes, I am that person.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte