Skip to main content

Welcome Wagon!

I was just inspired to write about my life...a "recap" of sorts! I've posted quite a bit, but I'm not sure that I've actually given an overview of my life! So bear with me...(remember narcissism? Here we go again!)

I've been blogging for about three months. I had wanted to blog for a long time, thought about it often, but (honestly) didn't think I had much "worthwhile" to blog about. I had read about so many touching stories, that I thought, "who'd want to read my boring old blog?" But I did it anyway. I'm like that! And I love this!

I only have one (I think) person that I know IRL (in real life) who reads my blog, I've mentioned it to my mama and my baby brother...I think that, secretly, they both think I'm a little crazy! As for the one person who reads it...it's my BFF, Tara (and the only person I call by her real name...it's okay, I've cleared it with her!!) she tells me she loves it (thanks Tara!). I think I like it this way...now I can have a place to vent when my family drives me batty!

My husband and I have 5 children...well, 4 together, as in four that we helped create! I was a "package deal", if you will, so my husband got a two-for-one when me married me! A buy one get one sort of a deal. I had my oldest child when I was 19...the "good girl and the all American jock" got caught...wouldn't trade the outcome for the world, but wish I didn't have to deal with the "all American jock" anymore. Our kids are 13 (boy), 7 (girl), 5 (boy), 3 (boy), 17 mo (girl)...our baby took us by surprise, and I am so grateful that God had her in His plans for us!

I have 3 brothers, no sisters...being the sole daughter, I've lived a pretty charmed life, but the one thing I felt I always missed out on was having a sister. My BFF's are now my sister's by choice (which I'm told is maybe a good thing!).

I am an RN, I work in Labor and Delivery and Pediatrics. I love my job, I love what I do, but I wish I could do it without the never-ending charting. Sigh...the things we do the CYA (nurse speak for "cover your a**"...chart, chart, and then, chart some more!).

We live in Minnesota...the state that for a second time, elected a celebrity into public office. Sheesh, sometimes, I'm embarrassed to say where I'm from! Today the weather is muggy, "soupy"...so thick outside we start hoping for a big ol' storm to break this humidity (does that happen every where?)! I live for summer...I'm one of those mom's who dread when school starts, no more sleeping in, no more lazy days...and to think it'll be back upon us soon...yuck!

I'm a celebrity news junky, I live for People to hit the shelves on Fridays (did you know that sometimes it's out on Thursday?!!)...I love '24', reading, scary rides. I hate rides that spin, mushrooms, and black olives!

Okay, totally random, but lot's of fun (for me, anyway!!)! I could go on and on, and I'm sure I'll think of something else I should have added as soon as I hit "publish", but I think this is good, for now! Have a fabulous weekend!

Comments

  1. It's nice to meet you. I am also a celebrity news junky. I have to have my In Touch! I feel the same way when it comes to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is grown now, but I always hated when school started. I never could understand those Moms who counted the days until school. I enjoyed the summers.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mama M ... nice to 'meet' you! It was fun reading your little recap and I laughed at quite a few things too! We are fellow Minnesotans and I agree with the embarassed where you live thing .. .Jessie and now Al - we are doomed! I also prayed for a big ol storm yesterday and was happy to fall asleep last night to thunder, rain and lightening! Ahh - LOVE summer ... I look forward to reading lots more from you ... Have a great weekend!

    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a celebrity news junkie too...TMZ online & People.com has helped me from spending so much money on magazines!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howdy! I thought I would drop you a note to let you know that another IRL person you know also enjoys your blog! I'm the Jen you met at the CSB reunion a few weeks ago that knows Tara. In case you're still trying to remember me, think back to the fun "cougar" pics we took together...Rarrrrr! Ever since Tara posted a link to your blog on her FB page I have enjoyed reading your daily updates and have come to LOVE your blog! I knew the moment I met you I liked you and after reading more about you, I know why! I also see that you're a "MckMama" fan and I ADORE her blog as well! I have been meaning to drop you a note, so I just wanted to say "hello!" Keep in touch :-) jsunder98@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love some celebrity news but have to read it knowing that it is only 10 percent if that correct. We too had a surprise baby girl and she has finished our family off so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another blog reader coming out of the closet to say "Nice to meet you!!" I stumbled across your blog and I am about to become a mommy of five, too, so I have enjoyed reading you. Finding someone who looks and seems so sane after 5 kiddos is inspiring!!! Can't wait to read more!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't vote for Jesse...but I did Al...I am a liberal...can I still visit with you? I am a teacher in the metro area...have 3 dds...one that lives in NYC, one going to school in Winona and a 10 yr old... I am not much into the People seen...but I do watch TV lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte