Skip to main content

Something Skinks...

Update: Just in case you were, um, wondering...skink tails fall off too. Ah, just a little something I experienced learned recently. Also, possibly their tails affect their life span? I dunno, just thought...

Mr. Wonderful is trying to tell me this is called a "skink"...thing is, I've never even heard of a, skink. Looks to me like a mutated minnow...I've never seen anything like this. Way back, before I was, you know, creeped out by creepy, crawly things, I played with my fair share of salamanders (did you know their tails fall off if you grab them? Not, you know, that I'd know first hand, or anything...), but this is nothing like the black and yellow creatures of my day! Just look:

So there it was, wriggling through the grass...snake style (gives me shivers just thinkin' 'bout it!) and my manly man nabbed it for a quick little educational session with the kiddos: (notice no one is getting too close!)And now, Mr. Skink resides in bucket, being gawked at innumerable times a day, being fed fare of a completely different sort than he's used to (well, at least I think. I'm not up on Skink fare, so he's had a cherry, watermelon and a pea pod...Very Hungry Caterpillar style, I guess!)
(Oh, and P.S--apparently spellcheck hasn't heard of "skink" either! Glad I'm not the only one!)

Comments

  1. Learned something new...didn't know about skink either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skink? Never heard of... don't know if I want to ever again...lol Hi there from another Minnesotan... I tried commenting on your previous post but got an error note on my end... I have a surprise baby too... I have a 24 yr old, 21 yr old and an almost 11 yr old...all girls! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte